covering up crotch shadow

Atrabilious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have seen on the marketplace an item, probably a tattoo that makes the lines and shadows lighter between your legs. I saw the product breifly but moved past it and now I wish I had bought it at the time. Im hoping that someone knows about this product and can offer me a link to it in the marketplace. Thanks in advance.

Honestly, just change your Windlight setting or try demos. If this is for the default avi with system clothes, change the settings. If this is because of texturing on mesh clothing...get something else if you don't like the textured shadows. I do agree that some go overboard with the textured shadowing rather than letting the environment do it for them. Just avoid those clothes.

I am on the Marketplace practically every day, often browsing the avatar components section. I have not seen it, sorry. I doubt it can be dealt with if you have the issue rudely referred to as "insufficient wiping".

I could pretend that I know the technical talk, but instead of making a fool of myself (ha ha, as if I haven't before) I link to this post in AH. The comments is interesting and explains the default avatar issues well. http://alphavilleherald.com/2009/04/why-the-sl-avatar-mesh-fails.html

One of the reasons I prefer a mesh body.

If it is a problem in a mesh avatar or a mesh garment, I can not see how a tattoo should help it. As already pointed out, it is best to try demos and be picky. Some skins have better painting in the crotch area than others.

If that's the shadow being referred to, what Whirly has there is your only solution if you are using a default avi. The problem is from the pixels used to draw the genitals on a female skin. The default avi has a problem with stretching in the crotch area because the polygon count is low. You go with the above solution or live with it, unless you get a mesh avi, in which case the problem goes away because of the higher polygon count on the mesh avi.

Thank you, now I found something new in the Marketplace. Hehe, after beeing here since 2007...

This is probably working if the issue is one pixel in darker color from the genitalia is painted wrong. The SL default avatar can stretch out this pixel all the way down inside the thighs. For the cost of 1 L it is certainly worth a try. The inside of the thighs is a good  place to use a concealer tattoo, since there is no highlights painted on the skin there. A flat color is easier to match.

It must be an older item, because the only appliers including is for PhatAzz and CuteAzz, bodyparts that is not for sale in SL anymore. 

Edited to add: I understand why I have never seen it before. It is placed in the odd "Everyting Else" cathegory in the Marketplace. I would look for it under Avatar Components -> Cosmetic Enchangements, and then perhaps "Makeup". It is no natural place for body paint, blood stains, mud smears and cosmetic that isn't traditional makeup or tattoos. LL should have organized the MP much better, but they obviously can't bother. Well, maybe I should browse the 10 000 items under "Everyting Else", I wonder what more useful stuff that's hidden there? :matte-motes-big-grin:

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.