Second Life 2.5.2 refuses to download, and I can't get on. Is there anything else to download?

Shamera Kohime

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So there was the new update today and I've been trying to get on but every time I download the patch, it says that all my .DLL files can't be opened, and eventually SecondLife.exe can't be opened.

I've tried downloading it various times, and then uninstalling and reinstalling Second Life Viewer twice. I've also closed all other programs in case the .DLL files were already in use somewhere, but the same thing happens. Each time I start up Second Life, it tells me to install the new files, yet after they're finished "installing" (I say this tentatively because seven files refuse to update), I start it up and it tells me to same thing.

There are seven files that can't seem to be opened.

llcommon.dll

libaprutil-1.dll

libapriconv-1.dll

libapr-1.dll

fmod.dll

dbghelp.dll

SecondLife.exe

Is there anything else I can do, or a seperate file to download?

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Those errors are not that the files are missing, but that windows failed to delete them. (I think :P ) It's a bit misleading.

Second Life could be running, crashed in the background. Have you restarted your computer yet?

Try going to C:/Program Files/SecondLifeViewer2/ in your file browser and deleting the whole folder.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.