Where is the ALL RSS feed for ALL Blogs, Forum, Knowledge Base etc. combined?

Andromeda Quonset

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

In Settings "Subscriptions & Bookmarks" you can subscribe to all forums, but it appears to be emails and in the Community Help under RSS Feeds it says:

What is RSS and how do I use it?

RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication." It's a way for you to get the latest content from this community.

Use the Subscribe to RSS Feed in the Options dropdown to find RSS feeds for for any forum, blog, thread, or message in this community.

Tip: To use RSS, you need a feed reader. There are many free options, such as Google Reader, MyYahoo, Live Bookmarks in Firefox. With an RSS feed reader, you can subscribe to content from multiple websites, and those sites feed you headlines so you can stay up to date.

However I can only find options to subscribe to RSS feed inside particular threads, I don`t see where you can subscribe to RSS for entire forums. Unless I missed something obvious.

Maybe a Linden will clarify :)

Maybe I'm just dense, but I still have my RSS reader installed from before the "upgrade" was made to the "forums".  I just want the single RSS feed that will subscribe me to all the forums, blogs, threads, etc that exist for Second Life. It doesn't seem to exist. Also, there isn't anything about RSS whatsoever on the Subscription & Bookmarks tab of My Profile, just stuff about email options.

I don't think there is one rss link for all the different sections of the new community. As far as I can see, you have to add one per section - that is; one for blogs, one for the forum and one for answers. At least you can get all new items for the section this way.

In Safari, and I believe in Firefox, you find the rss links in the address bar when you are on the 'front page' of each section. Don't know in any of the other browsers. Click the rss icon and a list of all rss feeds for the section should drop down.

- Luc -

• Like 1

Thanks. If I do find out anything, I will post it. What seems to be the answer, so far, is as Luc described, which, strangely enough, I already did in the course of looking around. I wasn't certain of some of the feeds, so I may have subscribed to more than I needed to. Using Firefox, I did find the RSS feed icon inside the address space, and I usually just ignore icons alone as so much decoration or advertising cluttering up the screen. I didn't think it was click-able.

It seems to me that when the bottom-right of the page has a place to follow using Facebook and Twitter, that there should be an adjacent link or icon for RSS..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.