Firestorm and AMD Graphic Cards

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there! Feel free to call me Mae.

Now, I have been running into people over the past few months that had some problems very similar to the ones I had involving Firestorm and AMD drivers. What usually happens is the following errors/glitches occur:

• Mesh does not render on yourself or others
  • Mesh renders poorly/stretches or flickers randomly
  • Lines appear across the screen for SecondLife only
  • Checking the Hardware Skinning option under graphics fixes this, but causes the Mesh to look ugly
  • Changing LOD for Mesh to 4.0 doesn't fix these issues

So I spent a few weeks searching through various options until I found something that finally works. It turns out that there is a problem between SecondLife and AMD drivers when it comes to mesh products rendering properly. This is where a very simple fix comes into play until AMD gets off it's butt to fix the issue the driver updates caused.

This link will contain a folder with some files that were taken from a previous version of Firestorm. If you copy these files and paste them into the Firestorm directory, it should fix the issues I mentioned above. I have tried with 3 or 4 other people with these issues and it has fixed each of them.

The path to the firestorm folder is something along the lines of: C:\Program Files\Firestorm-Betax64

The files are available to download here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/go1s2qugd7e4eep/AAB2rwVPg5vDSajRR7OM2izha?dl=0

Thank you to the person below for pulling up one of the original places I went to for the files listed above:

https://modemworld.wordpress.com/2014/12/13/amd-catalyst-drivers-additional-windows-workaround/

Please, please no one do what the original poster is suggesting. While maybe trying to help you have absolutely no way to know what these files are, if they have been in anyway tampered with or what the actual intent might be. One of the scariest posts I have seen in a long time.

OP: if you have a solution to a bug or issue in FS you should bring it up with the FS team and work with them to distribute files through official channels.

seems to have been broken with the latest 15.7 drivers.

15.6 still works with the 14.4 or 14.9 dll's, but 15.7 does not.

so yeah, I reverted back to 15.6

:/

I have i5-4670k

8gb ram

r9 290 4gb video card

samsung solid state hard drive

so I have a very good setup for second life..

for me the fastest setup is 15.6 drivers with 14.4 dll's in the firestorm folder. 14.9 are slower.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.