New Furry User

Jojozityjo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

[center]Hihi, Jojo here, I'm new to Second Life and i have to say, it is seriously confusing to get the hang of lol

but, I'm a furry user and I like to be furry, but im also broke as can be, i cant buy Linden at all really. So I've been trying to find free furry stuff. However almost all the free furry stuff i find is either something that needs modded and ive no idea about how to do modding or any of that, or it gives me this huge mascot helmet looking head even when i edit my avi to have as small a head as possible. The only decent looking one I've found is a bunny one but im not really a bunny kinda girl.

Now, I've went through freebie galaxy and freebie dungeon, and ive looked through the market, and i just cant find a suitable one, let alone a FERRET one. I'm a ferret, I want a good ferret avatar, and the only ones ive found are some on the market for 900L$.

I've been trying to find pieces, like on IMVU, i came from there, so ive been trying to look for parts and pieces to throw together a makeshift ferret, but i cant find any suitable heads, found some ears, but id like a good head base the ears for.

Can anyone help me out? Maybe point me to some furry freebie landmarks i cant find or something?

I've tried using google btw, it gives me stuff that is like, 10 years old and outdated though, and the in game place search is just all kinds of fail for me x.x

Well, for starters, editing your avatar head size won't affect most attachments. That only affects what are called fitmesh attachments. I won't get into what those are here, but suffice to say, it's not going to help, obviously. You need to edit the head itself. Simply right click it, choose "Edit," and make it smaller from there. In this case, you'll want to check the box that says "stretch," and also the box that says "stretch both sides." Then grab one of the gray boxes that appear on the corners of the item, and move it inwards. That should resize the whole head smaller.

I don't know of any ferret freebies, in particular, but maybe knowing how to edit a little will help. 

Forget Freebie Galaxy and similar places. They sell really really old and outdated stuff, that was already old and outdated when I joined many years ago. Also they are quite random and not really what you are looking for.

Creating a furry avatar out of freebies is nearly impossible, especially if you want to look decent and have a specific type of animal in mind, that doesn't happen to be something very generic like a cat, fox, wolf or bunny. And even half of those look horrible.

So...my advice would be to rather focus on how to safe up some L$ instead of looking for the good freebie avatar that doesn't exist. Some people in the same situation look for work, create something in order to sell it or play Linden Realms for hours. Or save time and spend that ~ 3,60$.

I guess that this is the free avatar you found? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Free-Mesh-Bunny-SciLab/3365422

I understand that you don't want to be a bunny but here are the tough facts... if you want to go for a free avatar you have to do what you can with freebies. You can not say that you want new stuff or a special avatar. There are classes inworld, like NCI http://www.nci-sl.info/blog/about-nci/ and Caledon http://www.caledonoxbridge.org/

If you will put together a free avatar and modify it you must learn how to work it. I started to learn how to mod by taking freebies apart, trying to texture them, resize, edit linked prims.... 

You can earn §L by playing Linden Realms or Magic fishing. While I doubt you can earn enough to get a new top quality mesh ferret with all sort of accessories, you can get some money to buy special offers. Furry communities might help you also. I am not a furry, but I tried putting together a cheap one for fun:

bunny lola.jpg

This is a modded version of the free bunny avatar.

The tank top is free, the hair, collar and shorts too. The top is from Corvus on the marketplace, the collar from Muschi, also the marketplace,  the hair was in Exiles subscriber (or maybe it is still there?) the shorts is in COCO mainstore owned by Cocoro Lemon. The eyes are a freebie too but I am not sure... Melonopolis free eyes with dark schlera?

i was afraid it'd be impossible. I didnt know alot of the freebie stuff is outdated though, a lot of it looked good, like the clothes and pretty much anything non-furry lol

so my only alternative is to find a way to earn linden in game.

thank you all for the help and advice btw, it's to nice to see people so helpful, ill try a lot of this stuff and try to find my around to be able to make some linden in whatever ways i can.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.