Default Hair Issue

Synza

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have searched the forum and even googled for the answer so this is my last resort as can not find the answer that I can use for the moment so will attempt to explain it and be as clear as I can so please forgive me if not clear enough.

I am recently coming back to SL and had to recreate my avatar and things have changed for me with the new viewers and the like so I am at a loss on removing the 'helmet' hair that is default even with the new mesh avatars. That said I have tried to switch the hair base with many different ones, I lost count after twenty tries, I even re did the attempts logging out and back in to do a 'forced removal' of sorts and still have the default hair showing through. I see references to a 'bald cap' but am finding nothing in a search on the marketplace and not sure there is a 'Freebie Island' anymore. I am using wasabi pills mesh hair and using their hairbase tattoo layer with a wow skins brow shaper to remove the default hair layer that came with my new avatar after creation

Why in the blazes LL decided to take away the function in edit shape to get rid of the helmet hair is beyond me as I can not fix this now so if anyone happens to know of a way that I can fix this would appreciate it.

The hairbase/eyebrow shaper contains the slider settings to adjust the system hair. You need to use edit outfit and edit the hairbase. I'm not sure if that is completely the issue since you mentioned trying several hair bases. It might be something else you are wearing. Try ctrl-alt-Q for the developer menu and then choose avatar->character tests->test male/female to revert to a default system avatar.

You can't "remove" the hair wearable - it's part of the minimum equipment list of every avatar. You never could. You can only replace it.

To shrink the hair you edit your outfit (not your shape), then edit the hair wearable and shrink all hair-related sizes to 0. It sounds like you should already have a hair wearable that's shrunken properly though.

You already have several bald bases in your inventory library section with the free avatars SL gives you, type BALD BASE in the little text box of your inventory window to restrict the list to items with that term and you will find them quicker.

Ok this was fixed and a simple way and all thanks to a IM that I got to get it straightened out so will put the steps here in case someone has the same issues.

In Develop Menu default your character with Develop>Avatar>Character Test> male or female

this will re-rez you as the default old school avatar and you can go piece by piece to see what it is that is causing the issue for me it was the no mod eybrow shaper being the wrong size or just a rush make so using the default one that made it look like I had the default hair coming out behind my ears. What was odd that it was doing this even through a Alpha layer by the way.

I thank each for the answers though I was just not getting the bald cap answers that my previous searches were returning.

**Edited:** Did not know that i had free bald bases though and that I did learn thank you for that 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.