SECOND LIFE SUPORT DOESN'T WORK

Valiryah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

I've been buying lindens for years with my credit card inworld and in the oficial website of second life. Sudenly, with known reason, they stoped to accept my payment. (I've recevied error messages). Then I've contacted the Suport and after so many messages trying to make them to understand the problem, nothing was done. They simple doesn't know what happend and obviously they aren't interested. I've contacted the issuer card  too in a way to know if could be a problem with my card and the answer was negative. Everything is ok with my credit card. So, I've tried to buy something with this same card and the same information billing I informed to second life and I've well succeed without any problems. (Which clearly proves that there isn't any problem with my credit card). I'm very disapointed. Sorry for my english, its not my native language and thanks for listening.

You should contact Billing and explain.  They are the only ones that can fix this, not support.

Billing support phone numbers:
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance
The Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646
Support is in English Only

I had this same problem last month, I went around in circles with the Billing dept for two weeks with submitting tickets and calling them...I got different asnwers from everyone I spoke to..some said it was a 5 min fix, some said they had no clue why it wasn't working and some said they esclated it to the next level in billing support to fix. I even called my credit card and had a 3 way call with my credit card and LL Billing..it was all on LL's side. Two weeks after submitting my ticket I got a responce that said to wait two weeks and try again...and it did finally fix itself but it was such a frustating and horrible experiance.

Hi

I've done this many times and didn't work too. I've sent so many messages to suport and they seem don't understand what was happend... Then someone asked me a picture, I sent and it was useless anyway. The suport just told me again and again the same answer and never a real solution. If this already happend in another times it suposed they should know that can be a problem with the website or something in the second life system... But I think its too dificult for them to accept this. It's enough for me. Thanks for listening.

Hi

Yes, it has been a very frustrating experience, I can imagine what you felt ... I'm very disapointed because I never imagined that something like this could happen in a wonderful virtual world like second life. However, we must remember that there are real people in a real world working behind the Second Life (Linden Lab)... And these people fail, for negligence or incompetence, whatever, I don't know. The fact is they cannot fix the thing. Maybe someday the same thing that happened with you to happen with me too. Fix by itself ... Thank you for listening.

Hi there 

I finally managed to buy lindens again. It seems that what happened with Annaka happened with me too... the system fixed by itself. I still doesn't understand how such a thing can happen... I've been trying almost everyday without successfull and then now it simply work. Thanks everybody for listening and if something like this happens to you my advice is don't waste your time looking for the suport or phones in second life... Just wait some time, and will probably fix by itself.

Valiryah wrote:

Hi there 

I finally managed to buy lindens again. It seems that what happened with Annaka happened with me too... the system fixed by itself. I still doesn't understand how such a thing can happen... I've been trying almost everyday without successful and then now it simply work. Thanks everybody for listening and if something like this happens to you my advice is don't waste your time looking for the support or phones in second life... Just wait some time, and will probably fix by itself.

Patience is a wonderful thing......

Today at 6:20 am in the morning as I drove thru my local McDonald's, I was informed that the credit processing system had "Crashed". The Order taker had no idea why yet she was able to gleefully accept the cash I had in my purse for my order. The Manager who had decided to give me my order didn't know either yet they were doing the best they could under the circumstances.

Now this establishment also decided to comp the 2 cars in front of me because they weren't warned ahead of time about the CC processing issue.

The moral and practical takeaways are these:

1) Wait and the problem us usually fixed. [Maybe....be proactive and report it!]

2) If you don't call or report the problem in, then no one will notice until someone internal to the company trips over the issue.

3) Yelling at the 1 level folks [LL Chat or the SL Answers or the LL Ticket Responders] about their incompetence at not being able to fix the issue is a waste of time and you are directing your anger needlessly. They in turn will escalate the issue upwards and it will get looked at by those who have better tools and experience in solving corporate payment processing gateway issues. Not that the upper level IT and Accounting folks will status the underlings any better than you were statused. Also, the 1st level person is NOT a mind reader nor Fortune Teller. If the upperlings don't share the Fix ETAs with them, then they can't magically tell you either. [Just deal with it]

4) Always have alternatives if you can. [i had cash for my McDonald's purchase and I also maintain a high Linden Balance on hand as well as a high USD balance to cover my tier needs here in SL]

5) The folks back in the IT department or the Credit Processing department were probably pulling their hair out getting this 48 hour to 2 week problem fixed. [The McDonald's issue was resolved in minutes I would guess but they have a much larger support department than LL does]

OKies, do you feel better now?

Hi KarenMichelle

Well, I can say that I feel better now even to all the problems I had when this happened to me, just because I felt so frustrated and sad just to think in lose my "second life",etc. However, you should know that not all the problems are solved, even when you apply for professional help and in this case it was realy uselless and exhausting to contact support because nothing and no one was done to solve the problem... This happened before with other residents and they still didn't know what to do... I think this is incompetence or negligence at least for me because if I have a problem in my company, specially one that happened before I hardly try to present a solution for when it happens again I know what to do. 

Sure I know that yelling won't solve any problem... I didn't do that. I simply asked for help and I didn't have anyone. What I have was answers telling me that my card should have a problem or I should have put some wrong information again and again although I said that this wasn't the problem.I dont expect any magic Karen...just a solution for the problem. If you dont have one, so look for someone who have it, right? This wasn't happened. Anyway I dont have other alternatives, so if  it wasn't fixed I couldn't buy lindens again.

If the folks back in the IT department or the credit processing department were working on it, why dont send a message to me and tell me something to wait for some time?

Although all the problems that this caused to me, KarenMichelle, I can say again, yes, I feel better now. Thank you.

"See I can say cliches too"  ( Red - character series of Orange is the New Black")

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.