How do I place my profile or my group into a notecard?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are a few types of contents that can be put as clickable links on a notecard to get anything, by way of dragging them from your inventory to the notecard; the most common are landmarks, textures and other notecards, and there are others, such as contact cards. However, clickable group names are not inventory items, they are a specific type of SLURLs, and while in other windows in the viewer they are interpreted and shown as clickable links, this is not the case in notecards, where they will appear as plain text such as this...

secondlife:///app/group/f0a0ff9c-c1e3-0b5a-ba84-40184286fa66/about

... so whoever reads the notecard will have to copy that line, paste it in any chat window (either local, IM or a group) and then he’ll get a clickable link.

Starbie Serenity wrote:

How do I place my profile or my group into a notecard so that people can click it and either join my group or friend me from my profile?

Thanks

Starbie

If a person is too stupid to right click a notecard you've sent then and pull up your profile themselves, why on earth would you want them on your friendlist or in your group?

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Starbie Serenity wrote:

How do I place my profile or my group into a notecard so that people can click it and either join my group or friend me from my profile?

Thanks

Starbie

If a person is too stupid to right click a notecard you've sent then and pull up your profile themselves, why on earth would you want them on your friendlist or in your group?

...Dres

We're getting into Groucho Marx country here . . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.