My clothing won't come off & acts like part of my skin. I have Phoenix Viewer. Help please?

Ellory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have Phoenix Viewer, and today when I tried to change my avi's clothing, the pants acted like they were part of the skin.  Even when I changed skins, they were still there.  They don't appear in my viewer, but everybody else tells me I'm wearing the pants.  I've tried relogging, rebaking, changing everything imaginable.  How can I get these pants to go away?  

3 answers to this question

Try two things.  First, clear your cache from outside SL (not just by clicking the Clear Cache button in Preferences).  Then rebuild your avatar.  To do this, go the Advanced Menu (Ctrl-Alt-D) and select Character >> Character Tests >> Male.  That will replace your av with a generic newbie male av.  You will then need to drag your preferred shape, skin, and attachments (hair, clothes, HUDs, etc.) onto your av to get back to normal. (It's good to save an emergency backup folder with copies of those things in it, so you have it handy if you ever need it.)  Rebuilding your avatar sounds like a drastic step, but it shouldn't take more than a minute or two, and it ought to clear the cobwebs out so you can start fresh.

If a manual cache clearing fails try the following.

first make sure RLV is off. 

then try rendering test female avatar. this is done in phoenix through the advanced menu which can be accessed through control alt d

scroll down to charactor

select charactor tests

then select test female

this should solve it. 

If that fails, then you'll need to try with another viewer and if you still have the same issue you will need to file a support ticket...

This looks like one of the issues that has been going around the grid lately. When you change clothing, your viewer sends the command to the SL servers to change the apperence of your avi and send this information to all other avatars that are nearby. This process can of course on some point get interrupted. Maybe when your viewer try to connect with the server or the server is .. who konws why ... unable to process the request.

Luckily the fix is reasonably easy and since many people experienced this over time it is also well documented.

Try the steps described in the link below:

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=bake_fail

Besically, you need to make your viewer send a request to the server to reload everything again.

Good luck! ^_^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.