I Need Help-How do I open the boxes in my Objects folder in my inventory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've recently bought some items from the Goddess Apparel store and when I tried to wear one of them, I end up wearing a poster of what I've bought instead of the clothing item! What do I do? How do I fix this? I think I've wasted my L$s I don't know what to do! Please help!

This “poster” is just one of the ways in which merchants choose to pack their goods. It is an object which, besides featuring an image of the product, has in its contents the actual items you want to wear. Therefore what you need to do is to “unpack” these items into your inventory, and then you’ll be able to wear them:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

If I may add something, Ximena... it isn’t usually the wisest idea to start spending money before acquiring some basic knowledge about what you intend to do. In this case it was nothing more than being momentarily puzzled about your purchase before being actually able to enjoy it, and once you follow those “opening boxes” steps, you will be.

But next time you might fall for any of several actual scams that unfortunately plague Second Life, from those that do sell useless items having nothing to do with the vendor description & picture, to phishing schemes, etc. So, for your own sake, do your best to research before you commit your L$ :smileywink:

Ren Toxx wrote:

But next time you might fall for any of several actual scams that unfortunately plague Second Life, from those that 
do
sell useless items having nothing to do with the vendor description & picture, to phishing schemes, etc.

And when you do, please return here to the GD forum to bewail your misfortune in emotional detail.

So we can point and laugh some more.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.