FRIDAY QUESTION #2: Is anyone going to catch that boy Spieth?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Augusta Committee has a huge problem tomorrow; they have to set up the course so that the chasers have lots of birdie opportunities, but if they do that Spieth is going to break even more records.

All they can do is hope a strong wind blows up on the first tee when he starts, and follows him around the course.

Otherwise nobody's going to bother watching on Sunday - except we connoisseurs...

As hindsight is 20/20, yes, imo, Spieth will prevail. If I came to this thread sooner, like on Friday, I would have written the same.  This kid is only 21 and has the poise of a 40 year old seasoned veteran. 

Sunday afternoon the leader board will read as:

1. Speith

2. Woods

3. Day

4. Michelson

5. The Ho  :-|

That's my final answer. 

PS Donning a green jacket almost rivals the prestige associated with drinking from the claret jug.   I love both tournaments.

DejaHo wrote:

As hindsight is 20/20, yes, imo, Spieth will prevail. If I came to this thread sooner, like on Friday, I would have written the same.  This kid is only 21 and has the poise of a 40 year old seasoned veteran. 

1. Speith

2. Woods

3. Day

4. Michelson

That's my final answer. 

PS Donning a green jacket almost rivals the prestige associated with drinking from the claret jug.   I love both tournaments.

I think you meant to say Rose instead of Woods, didn't you?

I am looking for a three-way tie between Speith, Rose and Lefty myself.

With Rose pulling it out on the second playoff hole.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

DejaHo wrote:

1. Speith

2. Woods

3. Day

4. Michelson

That's my final answer. 

I think you meant to say Rose instead of Woods, didn't you?

I am looking for a three-way tie between Speith, Rose and Lefty myself.

With Rose pulling it out on the second playoff hole.

The pure beauty of the game is that this^^ may very well be the final result.  Enjoy watching, Derek.

DejaHo wrote:
  Enjoy watching, Derek.

I shall enjoy watching this evening too, enhanced by the six continuous hours of BBC coverage being uninterrupted by exhortations to buy insurance, off-road juggernauts or post-apocalypse bunker properties. I shall replenish my supplies during those longueurs when they interview those who went out early without a chance of winning and shot a round which might have put them into contention if they could have substituted it for the one where they found Rae's Creek a couple of times.

I hope and expect Spieth to hold on, and trust that afterwards he will attribute his success to his fearless putting rather than the goodwill of a benevolent deity, who for some reason might have selected him particularly from the rest of the field to cause his ball to rebound.from trees back on to the fairway rather than deep into the dogwoods.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.