Problem Finding an Object

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, all,

This is driving me bonkers. I had an object who changes position, and because it was under development, I have some debug info sent via llOwnerSay(). I came back today and found that the object is gone, but it's still sending llOwnerSay() messages, so I know it's somewhere in this sim. Area Search doesn't work presumably because it's out of range. I tried checking 0,0,0 and 256,256,4098 and all of the other extreme limits and it's not there.

I then right clicked on the object in chat and according to its profile, it's at 0,0,0 but I've already looked there. I checked if it was invisible by going into edit and dragging a box around 0,0,0 and no dice.

I tried the AOS probe, did a SIM wide search and it couldn't even find it. The sim is an island, so it can't be in any neighboring sim or region.

Out of ideas, I went to block the object, in an effort to at least mute the incessant llOwnerSay() messages, and guess what? Even THAT doesn't work! All I want to do is remove the object so I can have some peace.

I'm using Firestorm 4.6.9. Can anyone please help me out here?

Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

If you are the sim owner or estate manager, you can use  World...Region/estate.....Debug.......and choose  "Get top scripts"

It may take a minute  or so to load all the acrive scripted objects in the region..........Find your object in that list...  select it....then click on the "Return selected "button.  Make sure only that 1 object is selected!!!... careful....:)

If you are not sim owner or estate manager.....contact that person and ask them to return it using method i just described.

good luck   :)

dd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.