What am I missing??? (Mesh Avatar Skin Appearance Issues)

shylieskye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_002.jpg

I have both SLink Physique and Maitreya Lara, this is with Lara.  I use skins with the correct appliers, but no matter what it looks like this.  I haven't seen this issue anywhere else, so I guess I'm just waaayyyyy missing something fundamental about mesh avatars, huh? 

The issue is affecting the whole body, especially cleavage area, arms and legs (most obvious).

Please help! Thank you!

If you are using an Omega applier, see if you have upper and lower appliers. You have to use both and it looks like you're missing the lower body applier for your skin being applied. Also, be sure you don't have stockings on or something on one of the clothing layers.

Your image looks like you may have Hardware Skinning disabled in graphics preferences. Mesh texturing will often look blotchy without hardware skinning and those mesh bodies are badly affected.

On the LL viewer go to Me -> Preferences -> Graphics -> Advanced -> Tick Hardware Skinning.

On Firestorm go to Avatar -> Preferences -> Graphics -> General -> Tick Hardware Skinning.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah well that explains it. I am running an ati card, and have hardware skinning disabled to allow me to see the meshes while waiting on an updated driver. 

I've been away for a bit and I am constantly hearing how these mesh bodies are so awesome and the OP's pics are exactly what I have been seeing and I have been scratching my head. 

Thanks I feel better now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.