The Customer is ALWAYS wrong.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My DJs heckle back in that scenario and are not shy about telling someone they are being out of order. I personally have a set route I follow - It is called a severe weather warning. If someone is being a numpty in chat I address it with a remark in chat, and end it by saying that this is a severe weather warning - they continue at their peril.

Certainly if someone were to say mean things to a DJ in open chat I would reply briefly in chat telling them they are being rude, I believe that it needs to be politely addressed in public if it is said in public. But they are given the opportunity to adjust their behaviour and if they don't they are ejected and banned without a further warning.  If the DJ is upset they get booted quicker.

It is very rare though and the guests at my club will usually shout a person down until they are suitably chastened without much intervention from me.  When I get involved - it is usually a clear cut case of evil and not a noob (or non noob) misunderstanding the rules.

I would never do what some clubs do and have rules for the sake of having rules, such as formal-only dress code.  I don't even think formal is a dress code where I am from in RL and my response to that rule was WTF.

I have been banned from a region for merely being in the company of someone misbehaving. I was courteous, said hello to everyone, was just dancing. My friend was criticizing the DJ and being a general @ss, i don't blame them for banning her, but I was minding my own business and trying to enjoy myself. What upsets me the  most is that I liked that region, I had spent time there over the years (though not regularly), I had shopped in their shops and at one time made it my home region. I was dealt a heavy hand without the least interaction from the management who banned me, and that just isn't right. This is an SL destination region pick, I think their status should be revoked for being like that.

http://secondlife.com/destination/transylvania-2

Well without seeing the chat logs it is really hard for me to say. But I am going to take a guess at how this played out.

You were bothering the staff or being rude and someone ejected you. You didn't understand why so you contacted the owner. Then mostly copped an attitude and the owner diceded it wasn't worth the time and just banned you. 9 times out of 10 this is how it plays out. Even if you didn't think you had an attitude, most of the time the person really doesn't understand what they did wrong. Most with poor attitudes don't really know they have them, even if you tell them. It is always someone elses fault. As soon as I get that impression I ban them too.

I had one guy argue with me about being banned, then he went on to tell me he was banned from two other race tracks in sl. Stating that they had power trips and banned him for no reason. And he was tired of all these crappy race tracks with hittler types running them. I told him don't you ever ask yourself the question "Why am I banned from three race tracks?". If you get banned from mulitple places, maybe, just maybe YOU are the **bleep** and not them.

On my sim arguing with the staff will get you ejected as well. And if I contact you  to talk about it and you get all snarky  I will mostly ban you. I don't have time to deal with that kind of stuff. That being said we really bend backwards to support our customers.

Another thing that will get you ejected from our sim is not replying. We often ask people if they need help or how they are doing. If you don't respond I will assume you are up to no good or a bot and eject you. If you come back and do the same thing I will ban you. Being nice isn't worth the risk of someone griefing our sim or copybotting our products or the products of our renters. It isn't that hard to reply with a "Hi, no thanks just looking" or something of that nature.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Vladi. I think had you approached the owner and apologized for offending the DJ, that you only meant it to be in good fun, and admit to yourself that what one person finds to be funny others may not, the owner would had lifted the ban.

I think you came to the owner with the attitude of telling them how to run their club, just because you were management in a now defunct club. Some people aren't as patient as others, but you can only control YOUR actions.

A while back, I was playing a game where I had made some comments in an off topic thread, and when I came back my character was dead and I was banned from the game. Now, it really wasn't my fault at ALL - the owner had a bad day and didn't read what I said and jumped to conclusions.  But when I contacted the owner, I was humble, and I let him know that I understand what it means to be in an admin position (because I was in one on another game), and that I would never knowingly disrespect anyone, be it staff or player. And then I clarified what I had said in the thread. I didn't ask to be reinstated, but after my letter to him he felt sorry for jumping the gun and reinstated my character, and wrote a public letter of apology.

Now, I am not saying you will get that here (cause this isn't the same thing ), but there is a difference between acting like a know-it-all, and conducting yourself in a respectful behavior and showing empathy towards the person (even though you feel like you have been wronged). The club owner owes you nothing...but you want something from the owner (admission into the club). Just the fact that you mentioned here that you were management at a former club tells me that your approach to the owner wasn't a stellar one (because one has nothing to do with the other).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.