Viewing downloaded transactions

Heathur Spaight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have downloaded both the .xls and .xml for the transaction history.

I am not familiar really with excel but I can open it up to view it.

What is the best way or correct way or is it possible to open any of those files, where you can see clearly the purchase, price, name of buyer, etc. without it being so crowded in the columns. Just wondering if there was a easy clear way to view them offline for your own records. Just a simple page to view and keep for records.

Hope this makes sense and thanks for any help!

Excel is the easiest way to view them. You can right click on the column separator in the title tabs and it will adjust each column to the proper readable size. You can then delete any column you do no wish to keep. If you don't have Excel there are other open source equivalents out there available. 

• 1 month later...

I once wonderred the same until I found SL transaction viewer created by Freddie Bleac and it sure is a must for now. Unfortunately it is not any open sourece but need to pay still maybe about 6000L. But it is made for sl transactions and you can automatically add new transactions to it without messing with spreadsheet functions. It also has cool statistics to get best sellers and region sales and so on by one click.

Just sad that such clever products wont be enough popular as most want everything free. And I would be pleased to find some other to try and pay for it after testing it . Messing with excel to build enough clever features like in this ready made software is a pain if only make it for yourself.

Before I also used excel but it was ridiculous poor way to get different kinds of reports and statistics and sort transactions many different ways. STV  has just one database where all work is done and as told for me it has been a MUST. And I am not at all any kind of advertiser of it knowing that most of us want freebies if sales in sl not enough .

And even I dont soon need it much but anyway;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.