Today is . . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

[Has Linden Lab been tinkering with real world settings; for an hour this morning the sun went out in the UK?]

I think that might have something to do with RL enviromental setting not being persistent over waking up sessions... :matte-motes-big-grin:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Are you saying you usually have sun overthere?!

Milton Keynes enjoys a microclimate of permanent heatwave, except on prearranged snow days for schools.

Ha ha!

Well the solar eclipse overhere looked like an ordinary day:

eclipse4.PNG

And to make it worse, the live reporter (!), out of pure desperation,  started asking questions to people (standing in amuddy field with special glasses, lol) like : 'and what is your opinion about the sun and moon'?....

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

And to make it worse, the live reporter (!), out of pure desperation,  started asking questions to people (standing in amuddy field with special glasses, lol) like : 'and what is your opinion about the sun and moon'?....

Your picture looks like a glorious summer's day in Wales!

My view of the eclipse was great. Forget the expensive special glasses, I wore two pairs of my kids 3D specs they use for movies.

[Maybe I'll try that trick when I am next in SL; cheaper than that ridiculous Ormolu Rex thing that makes you sick.]

first-day-of-spring-2015-northern-hemisphere-5718223597076480_3-hp.gif

!!!  HAPPY SPRING  !!!

[all you Northern Hemispherites You!]

To all with wings,

Did you have a great Solar Eclipse all of you over thar in the UK? The folks that gathered over on the Faroe Islands were disappointed this morning. They were totally blocked in with overcast....

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/mar/20/solar-eclipse-grey-skies-star-gazers

I'm impressed with this comment in the aforelinked article:

...In the UK, Bristol had clear blue skies, and champagne corks popped as the eclipse became manifest. 

Do you know how to party at a Solar Eclipse!!!  Cheers 

For those of you who missed it through no fault of your own [How dare they schedule a Solar Eclipse for only a subset of the populace on Earth ] here is the play by play recap of it...

Bon visionnage à vous.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Milton Keynes enjoys a microclimate of permanent heatwave, except on prearranged snow days for schools.

Ha ha!

eclipse4.PNG

Ohhh you got 50 Shades of Grey treatment!

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Ha ha!

Ohhh you got 50 Shade of Grey treatment!

IKR?

The most annoying is, that after the whole eclipse was done (or so I heard on the news, because I could not see it?), the clouds disappeared and it is a bright, sunny day every since.

:(

LlazarusLlong wrote:

wore two pairs of my kids 3D specs they use for movie

You have kids?????? now this thread sounds promising.  *opens a bottle of Chardonnay and relaxes in her recliner* Looks like we have even harder times to come.... :) Since we're masochists, we'll tap feet in excitement until your progeniture comes on line! Aww, how grand that willl be! 

The_Llazarus_Effect.jpg

valerie Inshan wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

You have kids?????? now this thread sounds promising.  *opens a bottle of Chardonnay and relaxes in her recliner* Looks like we have even harder times to come....
:)
Since we're masochists, we'll tap feet in excitement until your progeniture comes on line! Aww, how grand that willl be! 

I am surprised...no not really actually, that this is news for you.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

You have kids?????? now this thread sounds promising.  *opens a bottle of Chardonnay and relaxes in her recliner* Looks like we have even harder times to come....
Since we're masochists, we'll tap feet in excitement until your progeniture comes on line! Aww, how grand that willl be! 

Well... not so news, Cait. Those bunnies are so.... productive! :P Sort of RL Meeroos if you see what I mean. :D

valerie Inshan wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Well... not so news, Cait. Those bunnies are so.... productive!
:P
Sort of RL Meeroos if you see what I mean.
:D

Well no, I have no clue what you are on about.

But have a nice weekend anyway!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Unfortunately my wife issued them with rose tinted spectacles at an early age while I was out digging money from computer dumps.

So they are quite nice.

Except to me.

Unless they need a chauffeur.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.