"Lindens4you" HUD that directs me to wear it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I found this HUD in my inventory in RECENT and it said "LINDENS4YOU" (Please wear this).

I had no idea what it was or where it came from, so I deleted it to trash. 

But then, I started thinking about who created it and why I had it, so I went to a public rezzable place and took it from the trash and placed it on the ground... then it flashed and disappeared before I could see who made it.

Has anyone seen this before?

Tea~

I had some spam from somone about Lindens4U the other day. From no one I knew and not at my location, so I reported them as a spammer and possible fraud. The account was about a year old, so maybe had been phished?? or maybe it is legitimate. I don't know. I reported it in world so I don't know how to check on what resulted from the AR as it doesn't appear in my case history on my webpage. I just applied the principle if something sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't and isn't worth the risk. I didn't get a hud though, I was directed to a webpage with a link.

The Linden4U HUD is maybe OLD FruitmaniaHUD this is a games in SecondLife you probally in the server Update the owner is normally <<Jen Lemon>> and have best games inSL like Fruit mania

dise and other games

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/service/2318712 INSLM

InWeb http://2fun4ucorporation.com/

when you got a link it give you daily prize like 'chips' or gems exchangeable every day for Linden L$ money

chrismignon McDonnell beat me to it. :)

When you have an item in your inventory that you are not sure of, try bringing up the properties on it first. Sometimes you find who made it and can check up their profile. You can also try a name search in Google. Usually that works. The last resort is to rez it. Always go to a sandbox, rez it, and if you can't find it or it disappears check Build/Linksets in your viewer menu. Usually you can find it unless it had a delete script in it.

FYI

:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.