Parcels Dropped from In-World Search

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometime around 9PM SLT last night (Tuesday, March 10th) a number of Parcels around the Grid were dropped from In-World Search. I am not yet sure why, but we have seen this happen before. I have filed a JIRA:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-8748

If you have the time, please check your expected Search Rank. If you find your Parcel has been dropped, please add a comment and the URL to your Parcel's web page to the Issue linked above.

TY

It appears that the issue with dropped Parcels has been resolved successfully. The invisible minions behind the Search Indexer did whatever voodoo that they do so quietly that nothing was said .. but the issue has been fixed. If your Parcel has not yet returned to Search then it should be back within the next several hours.

To the invisible minions: Thank you.

You have most likely hit on the exact reason the Linden Brigade stays super quiet. If you find yourself being tended to by a kindly stranger (with medical credentials) then you most likely will gladly accept the offering. Having no knowledge of who toppled your bike makes you more likely to be happy when the problem .. errr leg .. is fixed.

But then again, stuff does happen. We all know that Technology is Latin for 'Don't Quite Work Right'. So it's possible that the anonymous benefactor I am blindly thanking is just someone that recognized the realization of technology's revenge and put it to rights.

OR .. they could be the one that poured the can of soda into the server farm and got it hot-swapped out fast enough that no one noticed ... mostly.

:robotlol:

They may have fixed that but they broke sim/estate banning and, according to one of our sime EM's, they are working on trying to fix it but can't figure out what broke it. Makes things.....interesting....in the sim I RP in to have banned players showing back up. They were banned for a reason and now we have to reban them....sighs.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

They may have fixed that but they broke sim/estate banning and, according to one of our sime EM's, they are working on trying to fix it but can't figure out what broke it. Makes things.....interesting....in the sim I RP in to have banned players showing back up. They were banned for a reason and now we have to reban them....sighs.

You think you have troubles? IvanTwin is back!

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Yeah, this seems to be more than the previous problem that arose in some third-party viewers that couldn't see the full list and (maybe) updated the sim's list with the incomplete data displayed in the viewer.

Simon is now urging anybody with enough detail about an incidence of this problem to file a jira with the specifics. (See Inara's blog, toward the bottom, "Names Vanishing from Ban Lists".)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.