Inworld problem with random sales barrel & customer stating non recieved item ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have been selling items on sl for years & years & this is the first time I have had this problem, a customer bought an Amarretto Horse from one of my random barrels, one that has had no problems for years, the customer states that they never recieved the horse, I checked the transaction page and all the horses where delivered but she says that one in particular was not, after an hour of being hasstled by this subject & av I finally decided to refund the person, whom seemed very confused, she is one year old and has no picture, she does not seemto be a bot, but there is no info on this person, I dont mind refunding the person if it helps them ti a purchase but I have no way of understanding if this person is a bot or one of various bots from one avatar doing this to get money  or what ??? I would suggest that it is imperative that after a period of six months an avatar is obligated to place information on their profile  in order to assure that you are talking or conducting business with a real person, or some way for merchants to know if the person is real or not !!! TY

ivadulo proto

The dead cat who owns this avatar is currently negotiating with MIchael Jackson's Estate regarding the theft of elements of America's "Horse With No Name", and has accordingly dictated this post to me by phone, wanting to point out that, regardless (or "irregardless" if you are a product of the US public school system) of any "proof" offered by text or image in a profile, he might be pretending to be President Obama's cousin just so that he can get a good deal from you by threatening to send a Marine snatch squad to your house in order to subject your grandmother to extraordinary rendition and enhanced interrogation if you don't give him a 10% discount for cash on the barrel for a mis-spelled horse.

I think that's what he said, anyway, as the line was poor, and it was difficult to tell his Miaows from his Mews.

state of the profile of your customer is not important, if all other signs tell you the delivery was ok, and he/she claims never receiving the bundle, the most likely reason is he/she declined the delivery by accident.

If your item was a copy one i would give here the benefit of the doubt, but because it's about a horse bundle, no copy, i would not replace it. Risk of the buyer.

Because your bundles are in a sales barrel i assume it's not a top traited horse, to keep peace you could think about sending a random bundle. But again... would not be my choice... delivery passed, sale finished.

IvaDulo Proto wrote:

I would suggest that it is imperative that after a period of six months an avatar is obligated to place information on their profile  in order to assure that you are talking or conducting business with a real person, or some way for merchants to know if the person is real or not !!! TY

if the person is responding in a way that a real person would then on balance they are more likely to be a real person than not

am not sure that the state of their profile would be more assuring than their chat, in determining whether or not you are chatting to a real person

+

if you dont want to refund them then dont. You dont need to rationalise this by telling yourself that you wont do it bc they may not be a real person

just do it or dont do it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.