Email Notification Script ?

Nicki Nikita

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have no idea if this is the right place to ask this, hopefully it is.

Can someone please tell me if there's a way to be notified of inworld store sails by IM/email when I'm offline like the marketplace does? A who-bought-what kind of thing so you know what's selling? If so, where can I find such a thing ?

Thank you.

it must be integrated into a vendor script.... the vendor will then send the message from the money event, or an item set to buy copy could trigger from the changed event (there is a bug that causes changed owner to fire in your copy even though the owner did not change... so if it fires and the owner is the same as before it was bough, but you won't know by who, and I would not rely on that working forever)....

it can be as simple as sending you a message with llInstantMessage if you have IM to e-mail enabled, or using llEmail to send it to any address you specify

Should be easy to write a script like that. I don't know of a pre-written one that does exactly what you want, but I know of one that sends you an email when an item that you sold is rezzed. You can find it here: http://www.free-lsl-scripts.com/freescripts.plx?ID=1327

You just need to modify it so that it sends you an email a bit earlier, i.e., when the item is sold, rather than rezzed.

Nicki Nikita wrote:

Can someone please tell me if there's a way to be notified of inworld store sails by IM/email when I'm offline like the marketplace does? A who-bought-what kind of thing so you know what's selling? If so, where can I find such a thing ?

I never had any use for that. I just look in my Account/Transaction History where I get the who bought what , where and when to what price:)

I know this is not what you asked for but I had to say it anyway

It all depends on your sales volume.  If you are making dozens of sales an hour, a flood of e-mails will be very annoying.  A database is a much better choice.  However, if you get a couple of sales a day like Dora and me, a private database is overkill. Your transaction history with LL is more than adequate for record-keeping.  A nice heads-up e-mail is just enough to remind you to look in the transaction log.  Or, as Dora says, you can easily do without notification at all and be pleasantly surprised when you see your balance increase.  :smileyhappy:

Darkie Minotaur wrote:

I wonder why you would use E-Mail to keep records - I write such structured data in a database, there are many advantages to using a db for that.

because searching g-mail for filtered results is easier than building your own DB, finding a host, setting it up, paying for the host..... =)

all the methods are more reliable than LL's method, because for networked vendors you can get confirmation that it was paid for AND confirmation that it was sent (and if you include a rez script, confirmation that it was received and rezzed)

Darkie Minotaur wrote:

I wonder why you would use E-Mail to keep records - I write such structured data in a database, there are many advantages to using a db for that.

I don't have heavy sales volume so I like seeing when a purchase happens, and I can parse my email folder with a short bit of code to move the data elsewhere when I want to. One big plus for starting with customized email is that you can collect the avatar key, which I needed recently in order to send automated IMs about a product update. You can't get keys from LL's sales reports.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.