Criteria for sort goups in "SL Groups Search"?

Irene Muni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all.

Anyone knows the criteria that use the system for sort the Groups in "SL Groups Search" (Community > Groups).

I had never searched for my group there: "Aventura y Viajes". But if I write "Aventura" in the search box the order of results are ... curious LOL

Thanks in adcance :)

8 answers to this question

You just wanted us all to look at your group hehe :smileytongue::smileyvery-happy:

I have no idea what order they are sorted in, it seems to be as random as all the other SL search lately. Its not by number of members, maybe its the order in which they were set up or something strange like that.

Try putting the word Aventura or the whole group name into the description, see if that bumps you up the list, because all those entries seem to have that word in the description not the name, except the top two which have it in both.

Just a thought, probably completely wrong LOL :)

"You just wanted us all to look at your group hehe :smileytongue::smileyvery-happy: " - - - - - Of course LOL

"Try putting the word Aventura or the whole group name into the description, see if that bumps you up the list" - - - - - "Aventura" = bad results. "Aventura y" = better results. "Aventura y V" = no results LOL "Viajes" = my goup is the first result. Google search is misterious xD

"...it seems to be as random as all the other SL search lately..." - - - - - Probably this is the CORRECT answer hahahaha

"Try putting the word Aventura or the whole group name into the description, see if that bumps you up the list" - - - - - "Aventura" = bad results. "Aventura y" = better results. "Aventura y V" = no results LOL "Viajes" = my goup is the first result. Google search is misterious xD

I meant in your group description hehe...In group info where you fill in the group charter, put the name of the group in there. You don`t have the word Aventura in there (just Aventuras) and the 2 top listed groups have Aventura in their group name AND their group charter. :)

I don`t know how fast it updates so you can see if it makes a difference, ALL search can take a day to update changes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.