Suddenly can't make purchase with Lindens

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone,

I've recently gotten back into SL and I have bought Lindens through the marketplace so I could go shopping and update my SL life.  Only problem is, whenever I go to buy anything it is asking for me to add payment methods (even though I have several on account) and it is not giving me the option to use the Lindens I purchased the other day.  Did I do something wrong?  Did I somehow change a setting I'm not aware of?  I have searched and searched and can't locate anything that would prevent me from using my Lindens (and I have more Lindens on account than the item will cost).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

No, you don't need to be a Premium account holder. Just go here and choose Billing as your category, then whichever issue under that that applies most to you. Alternatively, since it's a billing issue, you can call:

Have billing issues? Give us a call.

Note that phone support is for billing issues only. If you're having technical issues, please use technical support.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers are available for the following countries

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Brazil: 0800.762.1132
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646

Ok so I added a credit card again (now shows the same one twice) and it shows my paypal account as well but still does not give me the option to use my Lindens.  I bought over 7000 Linden$ the other night and they show in my Marketplace account but it still only gives me the option to use my credit card or my paypal.

Well, I called support and they said they think it's a bug and isn't easily fixed by anything I can do but she couldn't find the info and is going to email it to me.  I just wish I knew this before I rented land and bought all those Lindens as now I have land that I'm paying on (this I can do inworld)  but no way to buy what I want unless I want to use a credit card or my paypal account.

It's been some time since i added L$ as payment on marketplace,it was when LL changed it so you can use real money.
When you buy something on the marketplace for the first time or the first time after it was changed then you should get the option to choose what payment to use, there you should be able to select L$.
But as i said it have been a while since i did it, i think it was over a year ago, so it may have changed again.
I hope you can get it to work. 

The information I finally received from Linden Labs stated that it was a bug and if I wanted to be kept up on it I'd have to file a JIRA (never did that before), they said there is nothing I can do to fix it.  I don't have the Linden option (even though it shows over $7300L, nor will it let me use the credit card or paypal account that are on the file (the ones I used to buy the Lindens).

I have no idea how long it'll be before it's fixed and it's darn frustrating.  I rented land and paid for a few weeks but now I can't buy what I need on the Markeplace and I fear when it's time to start selling again (I was a merchant before) I won't be able to - it's so darn frustrating.

Anyone know how to file a JIRA?  If I don't file how do I keep up on the bug info, how will I know when it's hopefully fixed if I don't file one?

Just an update.  I was about to file a JIRA (so I could be notified when it was fixed) and I looked at a couple of reports on the same bug.  I saw where one person, after Environment, entered "Chrome," and that got me thinking...could it be a broweser issue.  I'm using Firefox but was caught in the bug on the same day as the Chrome person (on;y I was never asked for my browser).

I decided to try another browser (for me this was Chrome as I was previously using Firefox for the Marketplace as I had always done), well...I put an item in my cart, went to check out, and Viola - my "Pay with Lindens" option was there! 

So it seems to be a weird browser issue that affects different users differently.

Kramer Rasmuson wrote:

Just an update.  I was about to file a JIRA (so I could be notified when it was fixed) and I looked at a couple of reports on the same bug.  I saw where one person, after Environment, entered "Chrome," and that got me thinking...could it be a browser issue.  I'm using Firefox but was caught in the bug on the same day as the Chrome person (on;y I was never asked for my browser).

I decided to try another browser (for me this was Chrome as I was previously using Firefox for the Marketplace as I had always done), well...I put an item in my cart, went to check out, and Viola - my "Pay with Lindens" option was there! 

So it seems to be a weird browser issue that affects different users differently.

Oh good catch.... I've been cleaning friends Chrome installations as of late because they have unwanted extensions that are shopping hacks designed to pollute any shopping sites pages with additional traps. Go to your Chorme Settings and delete any unknown extensions and all shopping extensions.

I just checked purchasing on the MarketPlace using  IE 11 / Firefox[current] / Chrome[current] and these all worked properly on my Windows 7 Professional PC.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.