My avatar disappeared from Second Life database. How is that?

Gluscenco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I did not log into my premium account for a couple of years and when two days ago I decided to log in again I was unable to do so. I submitted a ticket to the support team asking to reinstate my account but received a reply that my avatar cannot be found in a database and suggesting to create a new one. I created a new one but this not a solution for me because I need to have access to my old account which I paid for in August and therefore it still should be active whatever I log in to it or not. Currently I am disappointed with the level of customer support in Second Life and I believe that it must be even better for the premium account users. My old avatar name is MsLarisaBaily and an email address, which I used to sign up in 2010, was larissa.grice@polytechnic.bh. Unfortunately this email account was cancelled by my employer a few days ago when I quitted a job in this organisation. By the way, when I started creating a new avatar, I decided to try to give it the same name MsLarisaBaily and I received a message that it has been taken. In other word it is still somewhere in Second Life database and it is a mystery to me why the support team cannot find it. Please sort out this problem for me.

Regards,

Larisa Grice

2 answers to this question

I'm afraid nobody here is going to be able to sort it out for you.  This is a resident-to-resident Answsers site and we are all SL residents like you.  Lindens never come here and we do not have any special authority to dig into your account (you may be very relieved to know that). 

As you have discovered, when you create an account you may not use a name that has ever been used before -- even if you were the one who used it. Every account is unique.  The system clearly recognizes that your account once existed, since it won't let you re-use the name.  For whatever reason, though, it's having trouble retrieving the account itself. I can't tell from what you have written, but it sounds as if you are still within the billing period for that account which, like all Premium accounts, is prepaid.  If so, try calling the Linden Lab billing office to inquire about your billing status.  You'll want to know whether you will be billed automatically for the next period, as is usually the case.  In the process, they will have to find out whether the account is accessible and may be able to fix whatever is wrong.  If your account was cancelled for non-payment of debts, they will be able to tell you that as well, and should be able to help you get it reinstated.

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

BTW, unless you really like getting spam e-mail from total strangers, I suggest removing your e-mail address from your question.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.