Was editting stuff on my land, clicked top of waterfall and it disappeared...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A prim with a waterfall on it has to contain a script, so the sim owner (or someone with sim manager powers) should be able to see it on the Top Scripts list in Estate/Region >> Debug.  That's one thing to try.  Generally, though, the first place I look when something goes missing is to the sim's "dead zone" at <0.0,0.0,0.0>  -- underground at the SW corner of the sim.  That's a default trash collection spot for any sim.  You'd be amazed at how much can gather there over time.

Domitan Redenblack wrote:

Was editting stuff on my land, clicked top of waterfall and it disappeared. I did NOT select delete or hit backspace etc.

the missing piece is not in Lost & Found nor in Trash.

Help!

Try re-loging and maybe a clearing of the cache. I've had a few prims disappear on me lately, turns out they were exactly where they should be but i just could not see them for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Domitan !

Some viewers happen to delete an object and see it disappear from your sight but in reality still remains in the land.

Remains invisible.

Sometimes you can walk to it and hitting if it is not inmaterial.

The object itself remains in the earth but do not see it. That's why not go back to your inventory.

Unfortunately I have experienced that the objects that fall into these bugs are often lost. If you experience that the object is invisible but still run into him, a solution is to contact the owner of the sim and ask you to reboot.

You can fix things by halves and that the object disappears from the sim but it is very unlikely to return to your inventory.

Have a nice day !

Thanks, but no. Both objects were truly gone. It may have been server issues with LL rolling-restarts or such.

I tried:

1. walking around the area with Hilite Transparent

2. using parcel info to hilite my stuff, and other group members too

3. parcel object hilite; checking all the way from 0 to 4096m (took 1/2 hour to do this well)

4. Area Search in viewer

The creator of the waterfall & river kindly came and re-installed the top of the waterfall for me. Great guy! If you would like to know his name or see the great quality of his work, please contact me in-world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.