Trouble Modding Kemono

Tebastian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys!

I got Utilizator's Kemono avatar and some clothes, shapes and appliers. I've seen some super cute avatars using the Kemono. However, I'm having a really hard time trying to customise my avatar. I have read the information included in the instructions but for some reason I have issues. Whenever I try to make a change, it doesn't seem to apply or it will suddenly change to a completely different avatar that looks like the default avatar. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here... Does anybody have any advice or can possibly point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to adjust these?

If it helps, the look I'm going for is a non-furry fem-boy avatar.

Thank you!

-tabby

Hi, I don't think your information is accurate enough. I don't have the Kemono avatar myself, but a few others on the forum have it. I use other mesh avatars but all have different HUDs.. Maybe the included notecards assume that the buyer has a basic knowledge to changing and editing avatar appearance. So the notecard may miss the most basic steps?

If you can save some snapshots to your computer and upload them here, it would help. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Taking-inworld-snapshots/ta-p/700153

If you use the option under advanced to show the interface and HUDs, then we see what you see on your screen and it can help finding out just what went wrong. You can take a snapshot of when you try to change and what the result is... sounds more like you replace the Kemono instead of adding or modding it.

EDIT: I think I realize what I was doing wrong... I was replacing the Kemono's Full Body Alpha with the M3's LL Head Alpha, which is apparently a no-no! However, I would still really appreciate any advice/tips on playing around with the Kemono appearance if anybody has any! Thanks!

I feel like I understand the basics of editing. I know how to put clothes on and off, how to unpackage, how to replace certain parts of an outfit or replace an entire outfit. I am fine putting on the Kemono, but from there when I try to change the head to Utilizator's M3 Anime head, things get weird... Am I doing something wrong in this phase when trying to add the M3 Anime head? I know it works with the Kemono and the retro loader as I've seen others use this and advise to use this, but I'm having a hard time with it. Could it be possible that I'm having an issue because my 'skin' is blank and it defaults to the default avatar's skin, thus making the appearance really weird?

Here's where I've put the Kemono on, put on the hair made some adjustments (and attempted to add clothing for modesty but they're still really skimpy but I'm not worried about that part yet...) Everything is going as expected.

Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 10.13.40 AM.png

Then I add the M3 Anime Head and things start to get weird:

Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 10.12.01 AM.png

Anybody know what happened or have any advice? If it is the skin, any advice on what skin to use? I have tried getting skins, but they're all just applicators not actual skins... I prefer a human look, if it helps any.

Thanks!

Use the Aplliers that come with the mod.. you don't have to go into the hud.. the applier does everything.. but in some cases you may have to apply the textures yourself

On the anime head. you have to use the Kemono Head Hud and make the Kemono head Transparent than you can use the M3 head like i done with my Dalmation Mod

Use the Kemono Body shape if you wish

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.