how do I change my shape in all my outfits at once.

AnnabelleRaye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I'm afraid not.  If you know that you will always use the same shape, though, you probably shouldn't save it as part of the outfit at all.  That way, changing the outifit will just change your clothes and maybe your hair. Then, if you want to change your shape, you only need to do it once.

Actually, there is.

First, make a backup copy of the original shape.  Save it with a new name, like "RECOVERY SHAPE."

Now wear the shape that's used in all the outfits.

Edit the shape as desired.

Save the shape, but DO NOT give it a new name.  It must be the same inventory item, just with your new edits.

The changes should appear in all the outfits that use the shape, since all their Links point to that item.

NOTE:  You cannot reverse this, except by editing the shape back to where it was.  If you need the Recovery Shape, you can use it to get slider settings, but you can't just use THAT shape.

Another, less stressful but more tedious way:

• Edit your shape, and save it as a new shape with a new name.
  • Copy the new shape
  • Use Paste As Link to paste it into each of your outfits
  • Delete the old shape (but save a copy of it as RECOVERY SHAPE, just in case you change your mind later.)  You will get a warning that this will break links.  Ignore it.
  • Do an inventory search for Broken Link and delete all the links to the original shape that are now broken.
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.