How do I remove a texture pic put in error that has taken up a whole wall?

Lillyanne Cadell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was supposed to add an object that was my baby's birth certificate.  Instead, I made a huge error by dragging a texture picture and now my whole wall is covered by this picture.  It has taken over the wall and there is no way I can edit and either delete it or put back in my inventory.

Do I have to literally take out a part of my house in order to get rid of it?  I hope not. 

Thank you for any assistance you may provide. 

2 answers to this question

This is a mistake we all made at least once! :) You have several options:

. You can unlink the house and delete the wall. Go to a sandbox and rez a new copy of your home: unlink it and delete everything but the wall you need to restore. Take it your inventory and rename it so you can easily identify it "baby room wall, for instance). You can then go home and position the "original" wall you've just saved in the place were the damaged wall was. Once you're done, link all the parts of the house and lock them. Locking will prevent you from applying a texture accidentally.

. If the wall had a plain color or a texture which you can either create or find on the marketplace or a textures shop, add this texture to your inventory (rename it "wall texture", for example). Just drag it on the wall: it will replace the image you accidentally put. 

. The other option would be to rez a fresh copy of the entire house and use the edit tools to place it in the exact position where your current house is. It can be a bit tricky, but based on where your furniture are positioned, it should not be too much a problem. 

Good luck! :)

• Like 2

You have dragged a texture to a prim surface.  That's the easiest way to apply a texture to a surface, so it's a good skill to have learned, even by accident. (BTW, almost any long-time resident has make this same mistake at least once.  Some of us have done it ... um.... more than once.)  There is no way to reverse it, although you can drag a new texture to the same surface and replace it.  Unfortunately, you probably do not have a copy of the texture that was originally on the wall, so you have two choices:

1. Put a different texture on the wall or

2. Delete your house and rez a replacement copy from your inventory.

Neither of those choices is difficult.  If you choose #2, though, I recommend copying down the exact location parameters for your house before you delete it.  That will make it a little easier to put a replacement at precisely the same spot.

Now, what to do about that certificate?  Unless it was a no-copy texture, it ought to still be in your inventory.  You should be able to apply it from there to any other surface you wish.  If it WAS a no-copy texture, however, you may be out of luck.  As soon as you delete or retexture that wall, it's gone forever. I can only think of two solutions:

1. Unlink the wall from your house and resize/reshape it into a smaller prim for display or

2. Go back to whoever sold it to you and get a replacement.

Both of those options may be difficult, so I'm hoping that your texture is copiable.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.