LindEx Credit Card requirements

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dorientje Woller wrote:

so buying for 6 USD of lindens would be ok ?

That should be more than enough to get things going. The minimum purchase amount is US$ 2.50.

It might be a interesting experiment to see of the minimum purchase would follow the credit timeline schedule. Please keep us updated on what happens to your accounts Transaction Limits Status 19 days out.

Dorientje Woller wrote:

Ok, for 7 dollars lindens bought, now fingers crossed that it kick starts the Lindex
;)

But I do have some side notes, or better one big side note. For European users this is costly operation due to the extra costs of conversion Euro to Dollars and reversed. I hope that LL bares that in mind in the future

Excellent, please post the dates you see the limits change. Nothing like testing the LL policies in real life. :D

It will be interesting to see the PayPal conversion rates when you cash out.

Dorientje Woller wrote:

Still no change in the limits

Yes - somewhere between Day 2 - 7 is when the 1st upgrade should occur. No ability to sell Lindens during this time but your thresholds for daily purchases should go up from the current settings. Buy L$ should bounce from 30 to 100.

I suspect because you are a one time Linden purchaser and being pretty idol in your use of Lindebs that you'll always have to wait the max time per threshold adjustments

Dorientje Woller wrote:

Ok, first offer made. But is it true that I have to wait a week before this offer is accepted ?

‎01-13-2015 - ‎01-21-2015 = 9 Days - Good, you should be able to perform a Process Credit for up to $300 USD.

OK - You used the term 'offer'. I'm making the following assumption based on our previous posts. 1) That you have sold some Lindens and now have a positive balance in your USD Balance.  2) You requested a LindeX Exchange: Process Credit transaction.

Technically this is not an offer.  

And Yeah - We all have to wait the 3-5 Business days for the PayPal payout. Actually we don't know what the exact reason for this long of an approval process but I'm sure it involves someone doing a manual check then the approval.

Ok, I have had it with this crap. What was earlier on a process of merely a couple of days, has turned out into a grotesque circus that is going on for weeks. Finally I managed to convert my lindens into dollars, but there is no way to transfer them to my paypal account, which is been set up, verified and used to buy lindens. How can I transfer those dollars to my Paypal account if there is no such method is forseen on my page ?

Deze, process credit knop werkt niet, en als deze gebruik die in mijn Account Summary wordt ik geleid naar een informatie pagina waar ze uitleggen hoe lang het kan duren.

Translation : The button "Request Process Credit" is grayed out, I can't use it. What is the reason and what do I have to do. I bought linden through a verified paypal account, all needed information that I can imaging is filled in my account settings, Lindens have been converted into dollars, has a positive balance, but I can't transfer them to my paypal account.

Dorientje Woller wrote:

Deze, process credit knop werkt niet, en als deze gebruik die in mijn Account Summary wordt ik geleid naar een informatie pagina waar ze uitleggen hoe lang het kan duren.

Translation : The button "Request Process Credit" is grayed out, I can't use it. What is the reason and what do I have to do. I bought linden through a verified paypal account, all needed information that I can imaging is filled in my account settings, Lindens have been converted into dollars, has a positive balance, but I can't transfer them to my paypal account.

OK there is the little matter of the disclaimer:

You must be in compliance with our Terms of Service to receive payment through our credit payment process. This includes, without limitation, the requirement that you provide and maintain complete and accurate information, including verifiable billing information.

Specifically,

Your account contact information:

https://secondlife.com/my/account/contact.php

Should be completed with a verifiable residence address. If it has this information then please give the Billing Office a quick call to see what other hoop you need to jump through. As I recall I faxed a copy of my driver's License to Linden Lab ages ago. That allowed them to verify my name was the same as that associated with my PayPal Account and that my stated address was in fact correctly offered. [Remember, LL has to follow International Financial Treaty Law in regards to its due dilligance towards the prevention of money laundering channels which requires verifiable identification.]

Contacting Linden Lab billing support

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

•US/Canada: 800-294-1067

•France: 0805-101-490

•Germany: 0800-664-5510

•Japan: 0066-33-132-830

•Portugal: 800-814-450

•Spain: 800-300-560

•UK: 0800-048-4646

•Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277 (use Skype to save some cost)

Billing Support is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week in the US, UK, and Canada and 7 days a week in all other countries listed above.

Dorientje Woller wrote:

What more do they need ??? The size of my underwear ??? They have my billing information, which is a verified paypal account to a bank with all my personal information as address/age/sex and so on.

What? Size 34" undies? Naaa, call the nice LL folks and get through the last size 32" hoop.! :D

Actually, the PayPal transaction may not provide all the needed data with the transaction. Sometimes they only send the Name on the account without the verifiable address information. I use PayPal for business and have noticed this with payments I accept from clients.

Now in my case I'm happy to be paid by my client.

In LL's case you are asking them to send $$ to Paypal and they are so **bleep** about having all the i's dotted and t's crossed. Don;t blame them. It's the law they are required to follow to even be able to offer this service of allowing you to cash out income from a foreign income source.

Dorientje Woller wrote:

Sorry, the 3 numbers in Europe I can call are UK/France/Germany and none of the 3 numbers are available or they are unknown.

Really!!! OK 1 sec, re-looking them up .....

Local Toll-Free numbers are available for the following countries

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Brazil: 0800.762.1132
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646

OK can you verify which of these is now not working? We will notify LL to delete the numbers from the support website and/or to update the numbers - ASAP

If worse comes to worse, install Skype to make a toll free Internet call to the direct line.

Long Distance

Dorientje Woller wrote:

Sorry, the 3 numbers in Europe I can call are UK/France/Germany and none of the 3 numbers are available or they are unknown.

OK, I just got off the phone with concierge support [i have access to this since I own regions] and the numbers are correct and working according to LL. They advised that you check your international dialing prefixes and try again.

Also, use this link to get the numbers "corrected" for your locality:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.9

Also, but I'm not sure this applies, make sure your PayPal account thinks you are authorizing Linden Research as an authorized merchant: This may seem a bit backwards but it actually works to authorize LR for debit & credit transactions.

Set your PayPal monthly limit

If PayPal is failing, the cause may be the default monthly maximum limit of US$250.00 set by PayPal.  To change it:

1. Log into PayPal.
  2. Click the My Account tab.
  3. Click the Profile subtab.
  4. Go to the My Money section.
  5. In the My preapproved payments section, click Update.
  6. Click Linden Research from the Merchant list.
  7. In the Bill Term section, click Edit Billing Limit.
  8. Enter the total maximum dollar value you want to set.
  9. Click Save.

Yup, that non-highlighted button means something is not complete in regards to your PayPal account so you don't have a valid payout method from LL's POV. See that None in your account Payout Method section? Press the Change option to CHANGE it to PayPal. If that doesn't work, contact Billing Support.

PM.jpg

When you have that Payout Method set correctly it will say PayPal acct. youremailaddress@maildomain.??? where it now says None.

Ya know, I have no idea what to tell you about contacting Billing Support. You are probably one phone call away from getting this cleared up and operational. No one here in SL Answers can fix this for you. The decision is up to you.

You can Submit a Support Case and chat to the Billing Department via emails. That is free.

BTW - Skype is almost FREE to you. You are calling via the Internet to a Skype localized number owned by the Skype network in the US area code 703.  The drop out local connection fee is a pittance.

Best of luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.