LindEx Credit Card requirements

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am one of the many in here that doesn't have a credit card/having one but not willing, out of personal beliefs, to use one for Second Life. Before the change in the ToS, I used PayPal for all kind transactions aka getting Lindens or selling lindens (through the 3rd party channels). Now, I want to withdraw an amount from my account and use it in RL. Sadly, LindEx (billing account) is requiring a Credit Card even if you have PayPal. I refuse to use my own, which is a company Credit Card for Second Life. Personally I would go for a prepaid Credit Card like Netfiller/MyWiredCard (MasterCard) and use this for Second Life. Question is : are those prepaid Credit Cards from Mastercard a valid solution for Linden Labs ? Are they recognized ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dorientje Woller wrote:

Well, you can't help it that the "Submit Ticket" of Linden Labs is such a drag and doesn't offer people a simple tool to ask a general question to Linden Labs. If they had, I didn't had to come here in search for an answer.

But they have answered it. 

Issues with prepaid and gift cards

A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.10.8

You are not required to have a credit card to cash out L's.  You ARE required to have a verified PayPal account.  You can verify your PayPal account by use of a bank account.  I assume you are going to transfer the money from PayPal to your account anyway aren't you?

Go to PayPal's help section and search "verified account" for details.

My solution was to open a seperate bank account for on line use that has a guaranteed payment (up to a limit) MasterCard debit card and use that account to set up PayPal as well as to use for other on line transactions.  The account only contains money when I need it to and when I tx money to it from PayPal, I promptly transfer the money from that account to my regular bank account or savings.  The Debit card is safe too because if I report it is stolen or there is fraud, it has the same protections as a credit card and I get any money back that was stolen.  Of course they can't steal what isn't there either.

If you think problems with processing both Debit and Gift Cards are unique to LL you must have little experience with using and/or knowledge of how they work.

I'm just being straight up here as a person who both uses them and as a businessman who has dealt with problems accepting them. 

Dorientje Woller wrote:

@Amethyst, so you are telling me once I have linked my bankaccount to my PayPal account to verify it, I would be easily able to cash out lindens, even if it is'nt  an "American Bank", whithout the fact that I have once to verify my PayPal again with a Credit Card during the process ?

LL doesn't care how you verify your account as long as it is verified.  PayPay verifies your account.  I can only tell you what worked for me.  I live in the US.  You should go to PayPal help for your country to see if it says the same thing that it says for me, which is that you can use a bank account.  If not, or you are unsure perhaps a chat with their customer service will clear it up for you or offer an acceptable solution.

This is what I can do with my bank account linked to paypal :

Once you link a bank account to your PayPal account, you can use PayPal to:

• Pay directly from your bank account without exposing your financial details.
  • Easily withdraw money from your PayPal account to your bank account.
  • Send money to your friends and family for free.

Please enter your bank account details exactly as they appear on your bank statement. If your information doesn't match your bank statement, your payment will be returned and a fee will be charged.

Is this what you mean ?

So, my PayPal account is in process of verification with my bank account. Once done, I should be able to withdraw lindens. But then there remains one question : What if the process of withdrawing is not execute by any kind of reason, what happens with my lindens. Are they returned to my account, am I able to cancel the transaction to recuperate the lindens, or do I loose everything ?

Dorientje Woller wrote:

So, my PayPal account is in process of verification with my bank account. Once done, I should be able to withdraw lindens. But then there remains one question : What if the process of withdrawing is not execute by any kind of reason, what happens with my lindens. Are they returned to my account, am I able to cancel the transaction to recuperate the lindens, or do I loose everything ?

If you do not live in the U.S. (you said "not American bank"), you may also be required to submit a form W-8EBN before LL can send you any money.  This is not a LL requirement but a Federal Law requirement here.  LINK.

Normally, when transactions fail the money is returned to your account.

OK, now I am running into a wall. Paypal verified by bank account. Want proceed offer of exchange and I can't coz I never have bought lindens by Linden Lab self. For crying out loud, the amount of lindens I have gathered are bought through 3rd party exchanges, while it was possible (small amount to kick start) and the rest earned by a descend job in SL. 7 years in SL and then being treated like trash.

Dorientje Woller wrote:

OK, now I am running into a wall. Paypal verified by bank account. Want proceed offer of exchange and I can't coz I never have bought lindens by Linden Lab self. For crying out loud, the amount of lindens I have gathered are bought through 3rd party exchanges, while it was possible (small amount to kick start) and the rest earned by a descend job in SL. 7 years in SL and then being treated like trash.

Your Credit Worthiness "clock" with Linden Lab starts with your 1st purchase of Lindens from the LindeX no matter how old your Avatar Account is.  LL doesn't know you from Adam credit-wise because you have been using 3rd party exchanges. Make that 1st purchase of a small amount of Lindens now and get the clock started for your account. That clock runs down based on the schedule published in this article.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-and-selling-Linden-dollars/ta-p/700107

https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php

Remember, credit-worthiness with Linden Lab is not like RL credit-worthiness checks. There is no TRW or Experian to visit especially because of the anonymity granted by and for SecondLife account holders. You are considered a New Resident [a better term would have been New Applicant] by the LindeX until 30 days after your 1st Linden purchase.

Capture-Limits.PNG

There is more detail in the actual links referenced above.

You'll be up and working within 30 days if you do nothing except make the original 1st purchase of Lindens. LL will see you have a Verified PayPal Account. You'll have set up an account agreement with PayPay for transactions with Linden Research Inc. Once this time has passed and these steps are completed you'll be at Level 1 in terms of your transaction limits.

Dorientje Woller wrote:

So, I have to buy lindens before I am even able to withdraw those that I have earned in a proper matter, according the rules and ToS of Linden Labs.

That's correct. Linden Lab needs to see that the Verified PayPal account can do both credits then debits. Why? Because in the case where a dispute occurs, LL & PayPay will resolve it and LL needs to know that any correction transactions will work immediately. Make your minimum Linden purchase now so that clock will start for your account. A few 1000 if not a million or so people have done this already.

If you looked at the chart, after day 8 you will be able to sell off up to $300.00 USD worth of Lindens / month. After day 28 you can sell off up to $2000.00 USD worth of Lindens / month. These Limits are where you'll stay unless you ask for a Limit Review.

Dorientje Woller wrote:

What a hassle for a one time withdrawal.

Dorientje, you're looking at this a bit shortsighted.

LL has to follow the International Financial Transaction and Banking Regulations of the State of California and the United States. This includes taking all needed precautions to prevent money laundering.  If you were required to fill out a standard financial application when you create an account with Linden Lab, as you do with a Bank, then this would be easy.

This is the world we live in these days.Once this is set up you are golden! Go on earning Lindens and cashing them out if that is what you like to do. More power to you.

:D

I understand, but that doesn't have something to do with me, coz I am obliged to regulate every income with my Tax Administration in my country. Which in this case, every transaction on my bank account, PayPal is being monitored by them. Even, they know better what I am earning, what I have and what I do with my money then myself :D

Dorientje Woller wrote:

I understand,
but that doesn't have something to do with me
, coz I am obliged to regulate every income with my Tax Administration in my country. Which in this case, every transaction on my bank account, PayPal is being monitored by them. Even, they know better what I am earning, what I have and what I do with my money then myself
:D

Actually, yes it does. You are earning Lindens in a foreign owned business headquartered in California, USA. The transfer intermediaries are 1) Linden Lab's Bank 2) PayPal [uS Division] 3) PayPal [Foreign Division] 4) Your bank!

Welcome to International Finance, 2015.

In your own country, you will need to account for your income as you have mentioned with your Taxing Authorities.

Additionally, if your cash outs exceed the US Reporting Thresholds, you will also have to file the appropriate tax documents with Linden Lab's Finance Department as required by law.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.