Im useing the latest version of Firestorm viewer. I cant see Alpha layers. Im on a PC.

Drahgo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok. I guess I stated the problem wrong. I cant see the clothes and body parts related to the alphas. Like hands,feet,bodies anything where an alpha is worn is invisible.

I understand what Alphas are supposed to do. The problem is everywhere an alpha is worn I see nothing. No shoes no clothes nothing. Like I will see the persons feet and hands and head but nothing in between. Or I see a body with no feet or hands.

The clothes that people are wearing Im not seeing. Ok I see the alpha...I DONT see anything else. I dont see the clothes they are wearing over the alpha

Thank you

5 answers to this question

Of course not.  Alpha layers are transparent, by definition. You'll never see them.  That's the whole idea.

EDIT:  Drahgo wrote: I guess I stated the problem wrong. I cant see the clothes and body parts related to the alphas. Like hands,feet,bodies anything where an alpha is worn is invisible.

Actually, I did too.  But again, that's the whole idea.  An alpha layer is designed to make certain parts of your body vanish so that they can't poke through mesh clothing that you are wearing.  For example, if you are wearing mesh shoes, you'll wear an alpha layer than makes your feet disappear.  If you didn't, parts of your feet would be likely to show through the shoes.  Until a couple of years ago, we used to wear invisiprims, which did the same sort of job as alpha layers but much less efficiently.

That's how alpha layers are SUPPOSED to work.  Remember that alpha layers come as part of an outfit.  So, when you see "your hands and feet and head but nothing in between" it's just a reminder to you to wear the mesh dress that is also a part of that outfit, so as to hide your great big invisible patch of person.

Drahgo wrote:

[ .... ]

I understand what Alphas are supposed to do. The problem is everywhere an alpha is worn I see nothing. No shoes no clothes nothing. Like I will see the persons feet and hands and head but nothing in between. Or I see a body with no feet or hands.

Wait... You mean you can't see mesh clothing that other people are wearing?  That's a different question. You'll find several suggestions for fixing that problem at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/mesh_issues .  It's hard to say exactly which one of them is likely to work best for you, because they depend on your graphics card and your Internet connection.

I'm having this issue too. What these comedians don't seem to grasp is once both layers are put on it fails to do its intended job. Thus appearing to still only be alpha layer. This doesn't happen on the Reg viewer. Now. Anyone else have an idea of the issue now that it was detailed in lamens terms?

"These comedians" were all responding to the OP's first post, which he removed when he edited it to say what he really meant. That's why my second post in this thread (the one that the OP accepted) has a link to a wiki page that explains how to fix the problem. There are several possible causes, which is why you'll find more than one solution there. Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.