Ghosting : this is a weird one

Nishanth Neiro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all I've decided to call on you lovely people to try to help a freind who's been ghosted now for 5 days.

We kind of know her location, although she appears to be flying between 2 points.(Kirky 215,238,39) is one point, I have tried to 'pay' her to bump her offline, with no effect.

She isn't a premium account holder so we have tried via another friend to contact live help. No resolution, thus far.

I recieved some great advice here before regarding a similar problem I had myself, Marigold Devlin worked tireless with me to resolve my 'Issue' and lot's of you gave great advice. So any suggestions will be gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance

Nish

7 answers to this question

Go to the login screen and set your start location to "Smith". Then keep trying to login, ignoring the error message each time it comes up.
Your Ghost will refresh approx once every 15 mins & you need to hit that gap to get in.
Once you are in, TP to the last couple of locations that you were at before your last logout/crash & you should be able re-merge with your Ghost.

More suggestions on this thread:   http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/424221#424221

Also there is a rolling restart going on tuesday/wednesday so all sims will be restarted during that time & that should clear the ghosts.

• Like 1

Greetings Nish,

I've had a few experiences with what I think is similar.  One method that worked.. was the avatar was able to log on, but not to the region where her avi was.  She logged onto a different one, then traveled to the one that her ghost was stuck on.. it immediatly poofed when she arrived, and all was fine.

Another incident was a buddy crashed while riding a horse, and was not able to log on at all.  Fortunately, I am an estate manager for that region, and was able to 'eject' him. (I found his avatar and horse frozen).  A third similar incident, I could not find the ghost, but restarted the sim, and it cleared it.  So I don't know if it was a sim problem or not.  Perhaps you can get in touch with an estate manager of that region.

Good luck!

Riv..

• Like 1

An Update . . .

My friends response, after logging into 'Smith'

I went to my last destination, which was , "KIRKBY 215, 238, 39.  And out of the blue I saw my NAME TAG right next to my head (for me, I normally don't see my name tag, cuz I have mine turned off, so I knew it was my ghost) and for a split second I merged with it. I was in flying mode and it was like my mouse went crazy and I flew at a straight angle for about 2-5 sec....From that point on I have been able to log off and on with out any problems.

So HUGE thanks to Peewee.Musytari and thanks also to River Brimm I have one Very happy friend back on SL.

Thanks again guys (hugs) Nish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.