I keep getting the error...

Ezekieal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

"Unable to locate body part named (name here) in data base" when I try to put it on. The item is IN my inventory. But I can't use it. Before this happened, I was able to use/see/interact with it on my laptop, but not my desktop. On my desktop it would come up with that error. Then suddenly, it is giving me this error on both computers. Ive searched the wiki, asked for help, and done everything humanly posible to help correct this problem. Nothing helped Please help me?

~Ezekieal

5 answers to this question

I"ve cleared the cache, rebooted, reinstalled, used a different viewer, everything along those lines. Switched computers, used a different viewer on that other computer, ect. Still, same error. How would I submit a ticket? I tried submitting one, but the options were very limited. I don't want to become part of linden labs.

~Ezekieal

From what you're saying, simply getting the object again will fix this problem? Let us say, hypothetically, that I do all of this. He resends the object, and I have it once more. This will fix the problem? Becuase i have sent that screenshot, and IMed him (He won't accept notecards) my exact problem.

~Ezekieal

Stuff often goes "missing from database" sometimes LL can retrieve it, other times its just gone forever or its something that LL have deliberately removed. Usually when it happens it means that every copy of that item is gone, though the creator may have another copy of it named something different that still exists.

I have had a whole building go missing from the database from before. That was fun, especially considering I had sold so many of them lol. The ones that were rezzed were ok, but no one could rezz another copy of it. After spending the best part of a day with a Linden Tech it was finally brought back from nowhere land.

Whether your body part is a temporary glitch or has really gone off the database for some reason, I doubt your copy is the only one missing. Contact LL if the creator isn`t answering & see if they can look into it for you without you having to be the object creator.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.