"attempt to rezz object failed"

Suga Nirvana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok, this has happened to me twice in the last three days.  First time, I detached my chimera and attempted to rezz it to the ground to rearrange dances i purchased and added to the original chim.  The chim never rezzed and is no longer in my inventory.

This is a major problem because I'm co-captain and choreographer of the Fly Girls (dance group preforming w/DJs).  The fly girls had to dance in two days, so i had to purchase new dances to replace the old dances and the new ones i just purchased, costing me over $8,700 lindens just on dances.  I also purchased a HUD thinking it would be better than the chim.

Well go figure, while dancing lastnite, my HUD froze on me and I couldnt get it to work.  I detached and tried to rez once i made it home.....WTF...same thing.  It's gone, the dances, the HUD all of it.

Can someone please tell me how to get find it.  I've tried Ctrl / Alt / T to see if it was just invisible and it isnt there.  I did get the message in the lower right corner "attempt to rez object failed"....I've tried my lost and found folder...NOPE.....

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.......

Thanks for reading

7 answers to this question

All I can really suggest is to clear your cache and hope when you reload your inventory from the server, the items appear.

Best to manually clear your cache.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clearing_the_cache

After clearing, log in to Smith, a low lag Linden water sim and allow your inventory load. Click the Recent tab to get it going.

If that fails to show the missing items, you could try contacting the creators and see if they will replace the dances. Include purchase details from your Transaction History.

Nyll

• Like 1

The perils of expensive "no copy" items

Occasionally such items can suddenly reappear in a day or so, but don`t count on it. To give you some glimmer of hope, there is some weird place like "Room 101" where all these things accumulate and every now and then LL clears it out and you suddenly login one day to find you have 3 Chims & a load of other stuff you haven`t seen for 6 months. I appreciate that probably doesn`t help for today, but they may not be gone forever

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the reply....

I'll keep checking, i really doubt the creator replacing them.  I'm sure they probably think im trying to scam them..who loses close to $9K worth of dances...i feel like an idiot for not buying the copiable dances, but i had to make my lindens go a long way.  The events we preformed this past weekend lasted 3hrs, the dances accummulative lasted a lil over an hour w/o repeats. 

The reality of it all; seems to be...."Suga is going dance shopping once again"...this time copiable but not as many.

Suga Nirvana wrote:

Thanks so much for the reply....

I'll keep checking, i really doubt the creator replacing them.  I'm sure they probably think im trying to scam them..who loses close to $9K worth of dances...i feel like an idiot for not buying the copiable dances, but i had to make my lindens go a long way.  The events we preformed this past weekend lasted 3hrs, the dances accummulative lasted a lil over an hour w/o repeats. 

The reality of it all; seems to be...."Suga is going dance shopping once again"...this time copiable but not as many.

So sorry to hear that didn't work. If the dances were transfer then you may run into a problem getting replacements but if not, you have a better chance of getting a sympathetic ear. Things of all values go missing due to SL glitches and and creators are used to it. Invite the creator to your next show and maybe suggest he or she take some publicity shots for shop posters etc.

Good luck.

Nyll

Although the information did not get my dances or HUD back, it encouraged me to send note cards to 5 of the vendors asking if i could pay the difference of the no-copy versions (i originally purchased) for copiable versions w/o paying the full price.  Received two responses.  The owner of MyAnimations sent all 8 copiable dances for free (what a Blessing) and There in Spirit took me up on my proposal so instead of paying close to $5000 to buy the copiable versions, i only have to pay $2500.

The lesson was, neva buy "no copy" when placing in Dance HUD, yes it will cost u a ton of money, but in the end u will always have them.

P.S.....and i did invite them to come to a show as well as sent them a pic from our Sunday's show.

Message was edited by: Suga Nirvana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.