Anyone hear of some new de-ruthing method?

Nyll Bergbahn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Friend came across a de-ruthing chair in a Zindra sim. Never having heard of such a thing, I went to have a look, blushing of course at the goings on around me. The floater above says "Sit on me to de-ruth" and inside is a script which reveals a clue to its intention It's called "Single Prim Zoom to Top". OK, I sat on it..had to see what it did! Selected sit and was zoomed up to 760m still in the chair then returned to earth within a second or so. Whether it works or not I haven't a clue as I wasn't ruthed to start with.

Just wondering if anyone else knows anything.

Nyll

8 answers to this question

De-ruthing devices have been around for awhile; a DJ used to rezz one at the club for patrons to use during her sets.

Whether or not they work I am unsure of... I've never seen one work successfully and my reasoning suggests if they did were there wouldn't be as many residents running around being Casper the Friendly Ghost.

• Like 1

Yeah they used to be popular back before the max height changed to 4K (hence them being set to 768m) they send you up to top of sim and back again and then unsit you.

They seemed to work when other people saw you as ruthed but you saw yourself as ok but they didn`t seem to help the other way around.

The same way that you could TP out and back to fix it.

EDIT: I guess the logic would be that you go out of their draw distance and then come back and re-render...Might explain why it didn`t help if you saw yourself Ruthed as you are always in your own draw distance lol

If you log in and remain a cloud and rebaking gives you a partially dressed "ruth", and you get an error message when you try to re-wear your shape, skin and clothing  that your shape and clothing are still downloading, first try clearing caches and relogging.  If that doesn't work, try this:

Advanced menu
Character
Character Tests
Test Female (or Test Male as the case may be)

This will put you back to the original "ruth" avatar, and you will then be able to  wear your desired shape, skin, clothing and attachments again!

They're made to clear the visual cache of Second Life without logging off and back on. Same goes if you was to set your draw distance to 1 and then back to whatever you had prior. Works on the same principle. It's supposed to clear the visual cache. Can't quote me on this since I just know when I'm lagging a bit sit on one and the lag goes away.So why not use it, especially if you're building amongst a lot of people in a sandbox.

Also to "de-ruth" ctrl alt R (re-baking command); re-baking also seems to work well, or either changing the height of your avatar ever so slightly also does "de-ruth" you. (just remember to change it back when you're finished) It happens a lot on the viewer 1 and 2 based viewers, as with SL's viewer 3 or Firestorm i'm not sure if people are having the same issues with now mesh being intergrated. Phoenix is still based on the Sl's viewer 1. :matte-motes-big-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.