Anyway to Check Collisions on a Phantom Child Prim?

Syle Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm at a loss of what to do. llVolumeDetect doesn't work on child prims and llCollisionFilter doesn't detect collisions with phantom prims. Anything I can do to make it work? Is there a way to check collision only with the child prim using llVolumeDetect? I know it says llVolumeDetect will cause the whole object to detect but is there anyway at all to control which prim detects the collision?

Syle Devin wrote:

Hmm, no I had not thought to try that. Thanks, I am testing with it now and will see what happens. 

I'm assuming I can just use
if (llDetectedLinkNumber(0) == "Link Number Here")
to check if a certain linked prim was hit?

Yup.  Should work, assuming it's in a collision*, touch*, or sensor* event.

I actually tried it with a regular llCollissionFilter in the root prim. I don't know if the script worked because I wasn't able to set my child prims phantom. So the rest of the script never ran. I used the script that someone put on the wiki but it didn't work. 

It's supposed to be a a multiplier for a skeeball game. The ball goes through the multiplier before hitting the prim that sets the score. That is why it has to be phantom. Although as of now I'm trying another way that does not involve collision with the child prims.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.