Sign in to follow this  
YumiPepper

Textures lining up correctly in Beta But not The main Grid? Any Help would be great as to why?!

Question

I don't have a clue what's causing the problem, but I know how to avoid it.  You don't need to go to Aditi to test your textures.  Just stay on Agni and use the Local Texture option until you are sure that you have everything right and are ready to pay to upload the real thing.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

I don't have a clue what's causing the problem, but I know how to avoid it.  You don't need to go to Aditi to test your textures.  Just stay on Agni and use the Local Texture option until you are sure that you have everything right and are ready to pay to upload the real thing.

• Like 1

I know we was able to test textures before the major update to the firestorm viewer but noticed before the test option was no longer there..But i did click the link and this is a different way of trying the texture out...But i just want to make sure this is still a current main option..I do thank you and to be honest this has baffled me..I do thank you and I will try this and see what happens...If not I will come back and post a update has to what i have tired to far...Thank You again, Pepper

Yeah, Linden Lab introduced the Local Textures option a couple of years ago, so it has been standard in all viewers for quite a while. It's a lot nicer than the way some of the TPVs were doing it before, because your texture actually updates in SL as you make changes and save them in Photoshop or GIMP.

• Like 1

Rolig, I have tried repeatedly to use this method but it just continues to crash my viewer or close it down completely..Also when it works the texture it self is a arrow of sorts in transparent form.....Ever had this problem?

Never, and I have never heard of it either. Are you using the current viewer and are your graphics card drivers up to date?

I am using the current firestorm viewer and my graphics card is up to date..-.- But as i said before this current viewer i am using is the mac 64bit beta version from Firestorm..But i have also tried to us the sl viewer to see if i had continued problems and its the same...So I have no idea what is going on....

Me either, but it sounds like some sort of graphics card issue. I'm not a Mac person, so I don't know what to suggest, unfortunately. I don't see any relevant JIRAs either. You might submit one yourself, though. Include screen shots and as much detail as you can about how to reproduce that you are seeing. If you have access to another Mac, you probably ought to try running on it temporarily to see if it truly is isolated to your machine or is something common to Macs in general.