How popular are horror themed buildings?

Akoshi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a prim builder in world, looking to use Blender when I upgrade my computer! But for now I'm building old fashioned victorian homes and creepy stuff such as abandoned shacks, run down carousels. I'm hoping to sell these items at some point but I wanted to know, how popular are these items in SL? I know theirs a spurt of horror sims popping up left, right and center but I'm not sure if this is because October is near.

They are typically most popular just before and during the fall season. Although they do seem to be popular year-round, to some folks, I don't believe they sell all that well year-round.

Aside from them often being considered a "holiday" item, the prim counts if you are using standard prims, may prevent sales. People want things with a lower prim count, which is often more difficult to achieve with standard prims, and even sculpts in many cases. So, if you do decide to build and then sell them, be sure you have lowered the prim count as much as possible, and you'll likely see better results.

Probably not as popular as McMansions, tiki-beach island paradise huts the size of department stores, or glossy modernist luxury homes. There's probably a market, nonetheless. Vampires like them, the Tim Burton, dark-doll gothy crowd love them, and there's plenty of cross-over into Steampunk and Lovecraft. As others have mentioned, there's a definite seasonal demand with Halloween, but I'd expect at least some interest year-round if your work has any merit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.