Windows Update and AMD issues - blue screen of death

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So a long day on several worlds (all in Firestorm) with much crashing in two including SL. Lots of testing, graphics drivers updated, no fix. A friend told me there had been a Windows update and I was guessing that could be the cause.

This evening I did a search and found a very long thread with MUCH worse issues than mine. I seem to only have problems when running viewers. I tried both Singularity and the IW Beta (normal viewer) but those only loaded about half of the graphics. I was going to test the Linden viewer but a forced update that was just barely started after ten minutes had me canceling so can't report on that one.

And just now I did a quick "ask google" and found this long thread with much worse issue than I have. Thank you Microsoft (not the first time I have had problems like this with updates :D)

So for anyone with SLIGHT problems, this may be some help. If it continues and I suspect it will, I will probably go back to a restore point and turn off autoupdate for awhile.

Here is the info from the microsoft forum:  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/blue-screen-stop-0x50-after-applying-update/6da4d264-02d8-458e-89e2-a78fe68766fd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.