I just got an email from linden that wasn't for me?

Mac Looming

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just an email from linden below.  To my knowledge I have never had an avi named roxanne, I evendid a 'forgot me user name' check using the email address linden sent the email to to checked!! I check my credit card and no money has some out, it checked and my cc wasnt even valid with the new viewer its been so long that I was on SL?  Any ideas?

Dear Roxanne,

Thank you for using the LindeX Exchange to buy Linden Dollars.

Your account has been charged US$10.38
You purchased L$2500

Thanks again - we look forward to seeing you in Second Life!

Linden Lab and the Second Life Team

6 answers to this question

Hi Mac,

I can think of three explanations:

1. Linden Lab's servers messed up or glitched. If it was a glitch, this may never happen again. If it's an erroneous entry in the database, you may start seeing more confirmation e-mails.
  2. Roxanne goofed up her e-mail address when registering. That's unlikely, as you'd have got a series of welcome e-mails. I'm not sure if a confirmation e-mail is sent when changing addresses on an existing account. If so, you'd have received that. Eventually she may notice the dearth of e-mails and check her account.
  3. This is a ham handed phishing attempt. I don't see a link in the text you copied, so this seems unlikely. Check the sending address (not the sender's name) to make sure it originates from secondlife.com.

I don't think I'd do anything until I got another message. Then I might open a support case.

Good luck!

• Like 3

hi

yes it happen.

I get lots of mail not for me

I even had grifers Emails send.

but I deleted them, and did not show them to all that read this help forums.

please do not put them about

deleted them, as you are breacking the law by showing them to people

deleted them and tell the sender that they have send it to you if you like, I just deleted them.

enjoy the game.

remember the Emails not address to you are not for you to read

byee

Jeffrey reminds me of the neighbor kid, who's spending the summer with me before he heads off to college again. He's the kind that does before thinking, and so can cause more harm than good when he offers to help. Yet I bite my tongue and suffer the damage sometimes, just to help him learn.

We're saints, Freya. We're absolute saints.

;-).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.