Weapon of ISP destruction

Labella Crazyboi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I "friend of my alts is mad at me and told her she has a weapon that was made ourside SL and she has in her inventory and SL can not see it, but if used she can erase my alts account and I would need a whole new ISP to get on sl with a new account I guess.  Is this possible or is she blowing smoke?

here is what she said:::all i do with problem people is hit one button on my hud and they dissapear and the whole ip is banned from sl lol.   i got mine for 60k and was made off sl which cant be detected by sl lol so its also a good tool

i dont just use it to use it.. because its very very complex.. and its effects are totally unreversable..

5 answers to this question

Haha. This is a very obvious lie.

Whoever wrote the majority of the content in your question clearly has no knowledge of how ISPs work, how data moves through Second Life or how moderation/administration of accounts is done within Second Life.

Ignore them - or better yet - get a better friend.

Hi Labella,

She's blowing smoke.

It's impossible for someone to have something in inventory that SL cannot see. It's also impossible for anyone to erase another's account. It also makes no sense that someone would need to switch Internet Service Providers (ISP) to get back to SL.

Things contained in inventory can't do anything until they're rezzed. Rezzed objects can contain nefarious scripts, but those scripts are constrained to do what's available to scripts. They can wreak havoc with your viewer by rezzing complex items and lots of particles that load down your computer, they can spam chat channels, attempt to take money from you (which requires you to give permission), push you (sit on anything to prevent that), etc. But scripts cannot erase your account.

People can be banned from SL for violating the Terms Of Service, but scripts can't do that either. Nor can that be done from the outside. You can only be banned from SL for doing something within SL or the forums. Access to either of those venues requires you to be logged-in. Unless your account has been compromised, allowing someone else to log into it, it would not be possible for anyone else to violate the Terms Of Service in your name.

The threat you recieved is a violation of the TOS and can be reported. If you have the chat log in which the threat was made, copy and paste it into the "Details" box of the "Report Abuse" window.

Good luck!

• Like 2

There are enough things to worry about each and every day without SL contributing to the angst. Muting/blocking that "friend" might also help. SL can bring out the best and the worst in us. So long as you behave and exercise reasonable caution, particularly with respect to maintaining your RL privacy and the integrity of your account, there shouldn't be much to worry about here in SL. Have fun, Labella.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.