How to make Appliers?

FabzShay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I had the same problem. I am not english and really did not get what the word 'applier' ment, so I made a thread in the Avatar Forum that helped me somewhat (I am still not understanding it completly, but am not much inworld so have not had time to play with it much).. I will link to it and hopefully it will help you too..

Good luck with it..Hugs Lis

(If my thread doesnt help you, then try to make a post in the Avatar Forum instead of here in Answers..
There might be more ppl looking there, that can help you with explaining it..)

The HUD's are for testing your applier and some serve as examples of how to make applier HUD's.

The included images should be the template (show the item's UV Map), like we use for skin and system clothing textures. We make a texture that is our skin, clothing item, whatever, that we want to put on the avatar or attachment (boobs, butt, whatever). Depending on the HUD we put into the HUD the texture UUID or a copy of the texture.

There should also be instructions telling you how to create the materials when building your item in a modeling program. Most Appliers assign a texture to a specific SL face of the item. So, you have to make sure your item has the right arrangement of Blender materials to represent SL faces when you create it. (The word face in Blender and SL have different meanings.) This will make your item compatible with their HUD's.

If you are applying your item to another's mesh item, their Applier will handle getting your texture on the right SL face. But, you will usually have to understand how to name your textures or otherwise ID them (some times edit a note card in the Applier) so the prebuilt HUD knows where it goes.

There are so many different ways to accomplish the same thing, it is difficult to say in detail which steps you need to follow. Find someone in a group related to the Applier you are designing for and ask for help.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.