"Login failed. Cannot connect to simulator" error

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings, Mila00001

Its not unusual on a Tuesday to get that particular message, as it is the regular day of the week that maintenance is carried out inworld.  Because of this, you can find sims go offline for 10 to 30 minutes (sometimes longer if there are technical issues remaining). 

What you need to do when this happens again is change your login start location on your login screen. Use Furball or Quarrel or Itress. These are all just empty Linden-owned waterland sims, and you should be able to gain access via one of them as they are on different servers.

There is current information on

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

This is a issue that ghosts since atleast last year that LL don't look into. I havent been able to log in to my avatar for over 24h now and tried hundreds of locations, so if you cant log in after try say 5, this is not at all the issue you have.

Stated above to check your internet connection would seem highly unlikely if you're able to post on forums, and to save the pointless firewall discussion this is not the problem either.
 Most likely there is nothing you can for sure do at the point you're entirely locked out but hope LL gets the ass out of the wagon and starts to investiogate, but since it was reported in september 2013, nothing has changed.

I have also tried the invalid characters in group title etc, to no avail.

Or secret option number three, Sayne.

Linden Lab have indeed "got their ass out of the wagon" if your issue is similar to the one others have been suffering the last couple or so days.

Please look at:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Login-failures/m-p/2779176

which will lead you to a pile of action taken over on the JIRA.

Hope your frustration anger dissipates soon. Mine will when this heatwave bursts like a balloon (not using an emoticon as there is none appropriate). 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.