macbook late 2013 and high fps. how to lower it without raising other levels?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay most have issues with having low fps .. I have it the other way around. 

I was aware that the late 2013 macbook (only Iris graphic card)  is not made for gaming. 

But as stubborn as I am I wanted to play my SL and WOW anyway on it.. now this is what I encountered and I hope there is a sollution for it.. 

In WoW I have the option to manuallly lower or raise the fps in the back and foreground. lowering the fps  helped me to play wow without any issue at an average of 65 degrees celcius on low to mid graphic setting. 

This led me to the conclusion that this trick would also work in SL but I still have not found such an option. 

My settings in SL are set to LOW.. and my fps goes to 130 and the heat is about 95 degrees celcius.

I know if I keep my settings low AND am able to lower my fps i'm sure (like in wow) my mac would run SL with less heat. 

is there such an option in SL to lower your fps manually? In any viewer for that matter.. :D 

Thanks in advance.. 

Djev

Rhys Goode wrote:

In Firestorm and in the official viewer, I think you want the debug setting MaxFPS.  Default is -1 to use all the resorces it can get, but you can set a max level.

I think, MaxFPS alone controls the frame rate in the official viewer, but Firestorm also requires FSLimitFrameRate to be set to TRUE. This may have changed recently, so don't take my word for it.

Djev wrote:

Okay most have issues with having low fps .. I have it the other way around. 

I was aware that the late 2013 macbook (only Iris graphic card)  is not made for gaming. 

But as stubborn as I am I wanted to play my SL and WOW anyway on it.. now this is what I encountered and I hope there is a sollution for it.. 

In WoW I have the option to manuallly lower or raise the fps in the back and foreground. lowering the fps  helped me to play wow without any issue at an average of 65 degrees celcius on low to mid graphic setting. 

This led me to the conclusion that this trick would also work in SL but I still have not found such an option. 

My settings in SL are set to LOW.. and my fps goes to 130 and the heat is about 95 degrees celcius.

I know if I keep my settings low AND am able to lower my fps i'm sure (like in wow) my mac would run SL with less heat. 

is there such an option in SL to lower your fps manually? In any viewer for that matter..
:D

Thanks in advance.. 

Djev

Hold up... You are running a macbook with an integrated card and getting 130 fps? While i have a gtx 650 and am lucky to get 50 in a normal sim.... Something isn't right here...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.