How much land can I own

Alak Dyrssen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sorry to ask because it seems a numbnuts question but just need somebody to confirm what I think I know before I buy some land.

I pay atm $25 USD a month for 4096 tier but only own 3400sqm.  What I want to do is sell what I got and then buy as much land as I can within the 4096 tier to maximise my bucks for prims as there is no land for sale in my present sim.  Although the tier is 4096 is my actual allowed land usage 4096 + 512 = 4608 sqm and I will still only pay $25 USD for a 4096 tier level.

7 answers to this question

Alak.Dyrssen wrote:

Sorry to ask because it seems a numbnuts question but just need somebody to confirm what I think I know before I buy some land.

I pay atm $25 USD a month for 4096 tier but only own 3400sqm.  What I want to do is sell what I got and then buy as much land as I can within the 4096 tier to maximise my bucks for prims as there is no land for sale in my present sim.  Although the tier is 4096 is my actual allowed land usage 4096 + 512 = 4608 sqm and I will still only pay $25 USD for a 4096 tier level.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Alak,

I think your question then is How much land can I own without exceeding a $25 land tier.  As you point out $25 gives you 4096 and your premium 512 allotment makes that 4608.  You can actually do one more thing to increase it slightly.  Create an alt (basic account is fine) and then create a group (you need the alt to be the second person in the group).  Group owned land gets an additional 10% allotment.  So your group could own 5068sqm of land and not exceed your $25 per month budget.

Hope that helps

--Cinn

This raises some questions for me now as I have only recently come back...

Group lands get 10% bonus??  How does that work exactly?  If I am say at like the 32000 tier, and I group everything, does that mean I can own 35200 in my tier?  (I'm rounding of course)

I do have an alt, so would I just make a group and invite?

My alt is a "registered" alt where I paid like $10 for it a long time ago.  Do they still have that program?  I forgot what the benifits of that were.

Sorry for all the questions... on more: Are you having a good day?

Keavy.Federal wrote:

This raises some questions for me now as I have only recently come back...

Group lands get 10% bonus??  How does that work exactly?  If I am say at like the 32000 tier, and I group everything, does that mean I can own 35200 in my tier?  (I'm rounding of course)

I do have an alt, so would I just make a group and invite?

My alt is a "registered" alt where I paid like $10 for it a long time ago.  Do they still have that program?  I forgot what the benifits of that were.

Sorry for all the questions... on more: Are you having a good day?

Yes, that is how it works. If the land is deeded to a group, even if only one member in the group is a Premium member who actually provides that tier, than you get an extra 10% allowed, without exceeding that one member's tier threshold.

You could make a brand new alt, give only the minimum info, then create a group and you and the alt both join it, then you, as land owner, ded the land to the group. Then check your stats for "your land", and you'll see you can now get an additional 10%.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.