My Linden Home control panel does not work. The web page with the controls is blank.

Scythe Elfenbeim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today I got a new Linden Home. I started making adjustments to textures and then I think the server restart happened mid way through. I can no longer access my control panel for the house. This happened to me a while back, a few years, and something had to be done at the Linden end to get it working again. I cannot fathom how to submit a support ticket. None of the support categories come anywhere near to matching "Linden Home Problem". I have NEVER been able to navigate the support ticket mechanism easily and today is no exception so I'm asking here. I hope a moderator watches this area and can help me raise a ticket. Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Just in case you've missed seeing the full benefit package, here's where to look >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-membership/ta-p/1054477

Oh, and if you like to visit really interesting sims and play some fun games, take a look at these sites, open only to Premium members >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-Wilderness-Frequently-Asked-Questions/ta-p/1327093

• Like 1

Hi Jeffrey,

How on earth would I be expected to find that without help by good people like yourself?!!!

Fortunately for me another resident told me how to get Lindens on live chat, which apparently I pay for already. It was certainly quick, easy, and the issue was resolved immediately!... but thanks for your efforts anyway, much appreciated.

Extremely helpful, thank you!

All this stuff really should be the first thing one sees once signed up for premium. I dropped down to a free account a short while ago, feeling that I couldn't really justify costs. But after recalculating what I get back in stipend, and the amount of money I was also spending on buying Lindens, the premium account is actually a small amount. When I signed up for premium again this other information wasn't prioritised on my accounts page.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a Premium Benefits tab underneath the Land Manager menu item once one has logged in? How to find premium sandboxes, special sims, a link to live chat, premium gifts, Linden Homes, and any other benefits premium members get?

Perhaps it is because I don't like to trawl through such a large amount of web content, preferring to spend my time in-world, so it's partly my fault (some might say entirely), but it would be nice to see this stuff grouped together rather than buried in knowledge base articles that are only easy to find if one already knows what to look for. Microsoft have the same issue, vast amounts of data and a search engine that requires that we already know the answer to find the question.

Luckily we have people like you to help! Thank you.

Thank you. You have identified one of the growing challenges of our information age. If you have been curious enough to look at my profile, you've seen that I am not a librarian but that I spend a lot of my time in world consorting with them at the Community Virtual Library (CVL). I have great respect for the profession. Thanks to the Internet, people have access to more information than ever before. The challenge now is to sort it, find the relevant parts when we need them, recognize the gems among the garbage, and still have enough time to live productive lives. As you said, we don't want to spend our days trawling through a large amount of web content when we can be enjoying ourselves in world. I am more and more convinced, in my retirement, that society needs librarians to help us phrase questions and find the information that is personally relevant. We can't trust organizations like Google, Microsoft, or Linden Lab to read our minds and make those relevant parts pop up unbidden. We need people -- librarian-types -- who already know the answers or how to find them and can act as guides through the jungle. That's what motivates me to spend time here in Answers and with CVL in world. That, and the occasional thank you from someone like you. I appreciate it.

Who would have thought eh? Librarians, saviours of the human race (grinning and remembering what Douglas Adams did to librarians in "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe"). It definitely is an issue having coherent access to the world's information. I think we are fed an abridged version though sometimes, and Google modifying results based on what we've searched for before is a real abomination. Haven't they ever heard of serendipity or thinking outside the box? How do they think it happens? I shudder at the implications of being only fed what one expects. But that's a whole other subject!

You are very welcome Rolig. Saying an authentic thank you is the least I can do! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.