How can I locate someone when he in somewhere ?

bateliii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Suppose I want to find someone and teleport me there, How can I do it ?

If there is someone who is not in your friends but you know his name, there is a way to type his name on the map and find him ?

I tried to do it, but it can find only the people who are in the land that I was in at the same moment.

It is possible to locate someone when he is not in the same place you are ?

3 answers to this question

Maddy is right, but there are a couple of exceptions and workarounds.

If the person has RLV enabled and has given you permission, you can find them on the Map, and teleport to them...or force teleport them to you.

If you are using the Firestorm viewer, the People/Nearby window will show people that are a considerable distance from you (a couple of thousand meters or so.)  You can double click their name and cam to them, then double click teleport, or you can right click the name and choose Teleport To.

Again if using Firestorm, you can right click anyone's name in a group IM window, and choose Request Teleport, then TP to them if they choose to send you the requested teleport offer.

• Like 2

Just like to add to the previous answers, that you can also use the "request teleport"-feature in the official LL viewer,

also you can view people nearby in the People's floater, just like in third-party-viewers (fwiw you can even raise the "nearmerange" in the debug settings https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Settings to something like 4096, to make the 'near-me'-list work like a 'radar').

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.