does anyone have a surface pro 3 and how does SL run on it?

Barb Deir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am looking for a drawling type tablet and the surface pro 3 sounds like it fits the bill. being able to run photoshop decently, and from what i have read the drawing pen works nicely. I am sure its able to run sl as well, but with the intel video card i have my doubts as so how well it will run sl.

does anyone have one of these that cant shed some light on its preformance? 

3 answers to this question

That's an Intel processor. The Surface Pro 3 does not have a graphics card, lol. Where would it fit.

Don't use it for Second Life. Surface Pro's are designed for casual web browsing and maybe some multimedia use.

Definitely not capable of hardware-powered 3D gaming.

Hi Barb,

People are able to run SL on mid settings using the integrated Intel graphics. But, in a tablet they may throttle the graphics processor speed to keep things cool and preserve battery life. For that reason, a Surface Pro 3 may not run SL as well as a laptop using exactly the same processor.

I've not heard any reports from Surface Pro users, so can't say how they've actually fared.

• Lindens

Search for "Surface Pro 3 Second Life" on YouTube. There are a handful of reviews showing complex scenes at 10fps or so. This is with maximized windows and the native 2160x1440 screen resolution. It should be faster if the window size were reduced, or if it were run at a lower screen resolution.

It appears usable, but it might not be the best choice for one's primary computer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.