Materials scripting status?

RipleyVonD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm currently waiting for Materials scripting to be finalized and I'm curious about a few things. I've noticed some residents regularly visit developer meetings and hopefully might have updated info kind enough to share. Thanks for anyone's help.

When Materials scripting is ready for the main grid do we need to update our viewers or will the new scripting functions just work in our scripts?

Is Material scripting close to being finalized and ready for use?

In the lsl wiki, the page for llSetPrimitiveParams() has changed to reflect the additional parameters. We now have these new ones:

[ PRIM_NORMAL, integer face, string texture, vector repeats, vector offsets, float rotation_in_radians ][ PRIM_SPECULAR, integer face, string texture, vector repeats, vector offsets, float rotation_in_radians, vector color, integer glossiness, integer environment ][ PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, integer face, integer alpha_mode, integer mask_cutoff ].

I haven't used these added parameters in scripting yet, so I don't know if they are active in the main grid or just ADITI.

you won't need a new viewer to use the new functions, the materials textures still work the same way.

syntax highlighting would need a new viewer, but you don't really need that to write scripts that use the new constants.

it is on the BlueSteel and LeTigre main grid channels now. this week's server rolls have not been annouced yet, you can watch the Second Life Server forum to see when it will move to the SL Server channel. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/bd-p/SecondLifeServer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.