Yesterday I had over 43,000 items in my inv. now Im at 11,400.

FrissaughRorange

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Much of my stuff is missing.Ive relogged & its still gone.in the last year's time ive dumped 500.00 of my own money{I do not work inworld}into SL.All my big ticket items are gone.Just look at my trans history.I sincerely hope you can do something about this.A friend of mine recently lost a mass portion of her inventory.She has been in SL much longer & has basically gotten gypped by Lindnen Labs stating that because she was not a Premium user she was screwed.Is this really the policy here?if this is true its totally shameful.I have no wish to be ROBBED of things i purchased & not compensated.I really hope you can help. Thx

3 answers to this question

All we can do here is give you some advice about that "Missing Inventory" issue. We can't do more here, because its Resident to Resident help. Please take look here: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory and follow the suggested steps given. There is no robbing happening. Missing Inventory can be also a hint that a connection is not reliable enough, if it happens quite often. It is no issue of robbing you ;)

I have to say, the Premium membership is pretty worth its money, even more, if you are a creator. It's like an insurance for you.

• Like 1

All your stuff is still in your inventory.  It's just not in the copy of inventory that is cached on your computer.  You damaged it somehow, possibly by crashing or by simply having an Internet issue at a bad time.  It happens.  What you'll need to do first is reboot your router and modem, to improve your chances that this won't happen again later.  Just unplug them both from the power and wait for a few minutes before plugging them back in.  Then restart your computer.

Then, delete your damaged cache completely and force the viedwer to download a clean copy from the servers.  Do not do that with the Clear Cache button in Preferences.  Do it the careful "manual" way >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_cache_clear

Those instructions are on Firestorm's help site, but they will work for any viewer.  IMO, the most important sentence in them is the one that says, "While inventory repopulates, do not teleport anywhere, and do not attempt to access anything in your inventory."  Just be patient.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.