Missing Nodes

Spinell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone

I'm trying to learn mode about nodes and render texturing in blender. I just updated to blender 2.7 and I noticed I can't really follow the tutorials anymore. I think they moved things in blender around a bit and I can no longer find the same nodes as the ones they show in tutorials.

Namely, I was looking for texture nodes (noise texture, wave texture, etc) and shader nodes (BSDF, glossy, velvet, etc).

Could anyone give me a hand?

Here's one of the many tutorials I was watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvN3btmDBZM

Yes, I figured it out. I have to switch to cycles rendering and THEN I can actually get access to the nodes they show in the tutorials. They just forget to mention this at the beggining of the tutorials.

Also, thanks for the links! I'll check them out right now.

So, can you still bake the textures in cycles rending onto a UV map, to use in SL? Beacuse I did notice that the bake button on the world tab is now gone since I switched render modes.

Spinell wrote:

So, can you still bake the textures in cycles rending onto a UV map, to use in SL? Beacuse I did notice that the bake button on the world tab is now gone since I switched render modes.

I don't generally use cycles, but the bake simply becomes a texture. So, you could bake it in Blender Render, save the image. Then you would apply it, and switch to Cycles Render.

So I just learned the baking options haven't been implemented for cycle rendering yet. Is there a way for me to cheat the system and bake onto a UV map what I can see in the render panel with the cycles rendering? Because I managed to get it to look juuust like I wanted. ^.^

Wow 2.71 already has baking with cycles render? That's amazing. Thanks for the link; I'll try it out this evening. ;)

Also, I assume this version is still in testing? Is it stable? (as in, it's not gnna crash my PC in the middle of baking or rendering, right?)

Too late now Spinell , you stepped forward for this. No going back, you try it out then report back to the rest of us and let us know if it it safe or not .

Should be ok  .............

Developer Meeting Notes: June 22, 2014

By Bart on June 22, 2014 Blender Development

The release of Blender 2.71 is expected this Tuesday or Wednesday, and preparations for 2.72 have begun.

1) Blender 2.71 release

• Final release is planned for Tuesday/Wednesday, unless a last minute issue comes up.

.............. wonder what the "last minute issue"  was ................ Spinell ! ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.